School Counseling Department
Paul Young, Resource Counselor
To know individual students so we can counsel/advocate for their personal, emotional, social, & academic growth in order to help them achieve their full potential in all aspects of life.
|Sue Brown, Registrar
|Kate Heald, College/Career Coordinator
|Ana Taffo, Department Secretary
|Carol Barr, Para-educator, College Documents Coordinator
| Ms. Sandra Woods, Parent Community Coordinator
|Jennifer McCarron, Pupil Personnel Worker, PPW
|Laura Wood, School Psychologist
|Tiffany Shaw, ACES Academic Coach - 301-284-4424
Rula Zaru, College Tracks - 301-284-4447
Dominic Chappell College Tracks
College Courses / Dual Enrollment and Early College Access Programs
Earn $$$ for COLLEGE by excelling at The Mill! Raise.Me
(User Name and Password = ID #)
Applying to College??? Find Important Documents Below.
Please give your completed forms to Ms. Carol Barr (para-educator in counseling) Ms. Kate Heald (CCIC) or Ms. Sue Brown (Registrar) in the counseling office.
FREE SAT, ACT, Accuplacer Support
Do you want to play sport in College? Visit the NCAA Eligibility Center
Classes Offered at Watkins Mill High School
Program Completer Options
Achieving Collegiate Excellence & Success (ACES)
College Tracks Website
Student Service Learning Hours (SSL) - 75 Hours Required for Graduation
Forms require a parent signature in order to be processed. All signed forms should be returned to the counseling office and students will be called down to the counseling office in order of request. Students must follow their assigned schedules until their counselor makes adjustments and notifies them of their change. Remember, there are limited seats available in most classes, so please keep that in mind. Please be patient and communicate with your counselor. Counselors will not make changes during the first week of school unless there is an obvious mistake.
If you are requesting an education verification please fax your request to 301-840-3974, attention Mrs. Brown, and include an electronic student signature. Please allow a turn around time of 3 - 5 days.
Requesting an Official Transcript
Former students in need of an official transcript should please email Susan Brown (Registrar) or Ana Taffo (Counseling Secretary). Please include the student’s name, ID number (if available) date of birth, year of Graduation, and number of official transcripts being requested. Each official transcript is 3.00 and needs to be paid in cash as credit cards are not accepted. Payment may be made in the Registrar’s Office between the hours of 7:00 AM-3:00 PM, Monday-Friday. Please call our office with unique requests.
Enrollment or Change of Residence
The following documents are needed for enrollment
Parent photo ID (government issued)
- Lease or Property Tax bill
- Students' immunizations
- Student's Birth Certificate
- Previous school records
- Social Security Card (Student)
- Copy of complete IEP (if applicable)
Change of Residency Requires Proof from the Parents
Acceptable proof is:
- If homeowner, copy of current property tax bill OR settlement sheet
- If renter, copy of current lease
- If living in shared housing, notarized MCPS Form 335-74: Shared housing Disclosure and either a copy of the current property tax bill of the homeowner OR copy of lease of renter with whom student AND parent are living AND other supporting documents as listed above.
- Anyone who is not a resident of Montgomery County must complete MCPS form 335-73: Determination of Residency and Tuition Status and contact School Counseling, Residency, and International Admission at 301-230-0686.
- Students and parents will not receive any school mailings such as report cards, bus routes, principal’s letters, newsletters, schedules, etc. until your new address has been verified.
WORK PERMIT INFORMATION
Work Permit Directions