301-353-8020 fax 301-353-8041
Resources / Counselors / Appointments / AP / Schedule Changes
Change of Address / College Application Packet / Naviance Student
Counseling Services, in a welcoming and professional environment, encourages and supports the academic, career, and social development of every student through advocacy and collaboration with all stakeholders.
Enrollment & Parent Meetings
Please call Counseling Services at 301-353-8020 for an appointment.
Regular Hours: Mon-Fri, 7:00am-3:30pm
Summer Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00am-3:00pm
Counseling Staff and Assignments
Administrator Assignments - Student Support
Ms. LaDonna Fletcher, Assistant Principal - Grade 10 & Student Support A-G
Mr. H. Dudley Davidson, Assistant Principal - Grade 11 & Student Support H-O
Ms. Kisheena Wanzer - Assistant Principal - Grade 9 and Student Support P-Z
Make an Appointment with Your Counselor
and participation in class are important criteria for academic success;
therefore, we discourage students from missing instructional time to meet with
- Students must sign-in when they come into
- Students may see their counselor before
school, during lunch, and after school without an appointment.
- At other times, an
appointment is needed unless you have an emergency. To make an
appointment, drop by the Counseling Services office and see Ms. Parrish,
the Counseling Services secretary.
Because the schedule of courses and selection of teachers is based upon registration and because careful decision-making is an important skill to develop, students will be unable to make parent/student-initiated schedule changes for any but the following reasons:
- Course prerequisite not met
- Maryland graduation requirement course needed by senior
- To correct obvious error (e.g., incomplete schedule, computer error)
- Failing or non-qualifying grades in summer school
- Attended summer school and can advance in sequence
- Health reasons
- Recommended level change after parent and teacher conference and approval by administration
Change of Address
When you move, you MUST notify the SVHS registrar’s office immediately by bringing in PROOF of residency.
Acceptable proof is:
- If homeowner, copy of current property tax bill OR settlement sheet
- If renter, copy of current lease
- If living in shared housing, notarized MCPS Form 335-74: Shared housing Disclosure and either a copy of the current property tax bill of the homeowner OR copy of lease of renter with whom student AND parent are living AND other supporting documents as listed above.
- Anyone who is not a resident of Montgomery County must complete MCPS form 335-73: Determination of Residency and Tuition Status and contact School Counseling, Residency, and International Admission at 301-230-0686.
- Students and parents will not receive any school mailings such as report cards, bus routes, principal’s letters, newsletters, schedules, etc. until your new address has been verified.
- If you have any questions, please call (301) 353-8020 between 7:00am and 3:30pm.
Use these documents & resources for college and scholarship applications. PRINT documents from this web page OR pick them up in Counseling Services. JUNIORS should get familiar with these forms the summer prior to their senior year.