Counseling Services

301-353-8020   fax 301-353-8041

Resources / Counselors / Appointments / AP / Schedule Changes
Change of Address / College Application Packet / Naviance Student

Our Vision

Counseling Services, in a welcoming and professional environment, encourages and supports the academic, career, and social development of every student through advocacy and collaboration with all stakeholders.

Enrollment & Parent Meetings

Please call Counseling Services at 301-353-8020 for an appointment.
Regular Hours:  Mon-Fri, 7:00am-3:30pm
Summer Hours: Mon-Fri, 7:30am-3:00pm
Enrollment Information




Staff & Counselor Assignments

 Ms. Sabrina Murray     Resource Counselor - Students Cooper-Fou
 Mr. Jarren Matthews         Counselor - Students Mar-Riv
 Ms. Ellen Fellows     Counselor - Students A-Cooke + SSL Coordinator
 Ms. Nina Moore     Counselor - Students Fr-Manz
 Mr. Ian Yarmus     Counselor - Students Ro-Z
 Ms. Rina Chaves     ESOL Transition Counselor - Mondays
 Ms. Rosa Santos     ESOL Parent Community Coordinator - Thursdays
 Mr. Dave Lienhardt     Pupil Personnel Worker (PPW)
 Ms. Traci Johnson          Aces Coach
 Ms. Linda McCabe     Registrar
 Mrs. Patty Maloney     College/Career Information Coordinator
 Ms. Stacey Blaine     Dual Enrollment/College Institute Coordinator
 Ms. Rogena Parrish     Counseling Services Secretary

Administrator Assignments - Student Support

Ms. LaDonna Fletcher, Assistant Principal - A - G
Mr. H. Dudley Davidson., Assistant Principal - H - O
Dr. Shelton Mooney, Assistant Principal - P - Z   

Make an Appointment with Your Counselor

  • Visit Counseling Services before school, after school, or during lunch.
  • Students (and parents) sign in at Ms. Parrish's desk.
  • Ask Ms. Parrish to sign your agenda book with the appointment time.
  • Show your agenda book to your teacher and come to Counseling Services at the time of your appointment.

Schedule Changes

Because the schedule of courses and selection of teachers is based upon registration and because careful decision-making is an important skill to develop, students will be unable to make parent/student-initiated schedule changes for any but the following reasons:

  • Course prerequisite not met
  • Maryland graduation requirement course needed by senior
  • To correct obvious error (e.g., incomplete schedule, computer error)
  • Failing or non-qualifying grades in summer school
  • Attended summer school and can advance in sequence
  • Health reasons
  • Recommended level change after parent and teacher conference and approval by administration

Change of Address

When you move, you MUST notify the SVHS registrar’s office immediately by bringing in PROOF of residency. 

Acceptable proof is:

  • If homeowner, copy of current property tax bill OR settlement sheet
  • If renter, copy of current lease
  • If living in shared housing, notarized MCPS Form 335-74: Shared housing Disclosure and either a copy of the current property tax bill of the homeowner OR copy of lease of renter with whom student AND parent are living AND other supporting documents as listed above.
  • Anyone who is not a resident of Montgomery County must complete MCPS form 335-73: Determination of Residency and Tuition Status and contact School Counseling, Residency, and International Admission at 301-230-0686.
  • Students and parents will not receive any school mailings such as report cards, bus routes, principal’s letters, newsletters, schedules, etc. until your new address has been verified.
  • If you have any questions, please call (301) 353-8020 between 7:00am and 3:30pm.

College Application Packet

Use these documents & resources for college and scholarship applications. PRINT documents from this web page OR pick them up in Counseling Services. JUNIORS should get familiar with these forms the summer prior to their senior year.