President- Jeri Crist
Vice-President - Lisa Sponangle
Secretary- Kari Hill
Treasurer- Pam Bruce-Staskal
The PTSA is an activist organization dedicated to advancing all children’s education. As part of the PTSA, you add your voice to that of other concerned community members to effect change in the educational system.
The PTSA will be meeting jointly with the Boosters Club. Meetings will begin at 6:30 PM in the Media Center. Please refer to the calendar on the homepage. Meeting updates will also be posted on the Eagles Bulletin.
What is the purpose of the PTSA?
Our mission is…
- To support and speak on behalf of students and parents in schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting them
- To provide students with opportunities to reach their full potential
- To encourage parental involvement in the public schools
- To encourage contributions of members, volunteers and partners to attain our goals
- To encourage a diversified membership
What does our PTSA do?
The Seneca Valley High School PTSA and its parents support many activities and opportunities for the school community including:
- Eagles Bulletin subscription email notices
- Student activities such as the After-Prom event and Reflections arts program
- Instructional Council participation
- Input on school modernization
- Spiritwear sales
- Advocacy for students at the local, county and state level
- Updates on educational issues and policies
- Staff appreciation
What’s in it for you?
Members of the PTSA…
- Are involved in their students’ school, which directly affects their students’ achievement
- Are invited to attend general and monthly meetings held at 7 p.m. on the 3rd Tuesday
- Get the “inside scoop” on school events and upcoming activities
- Are well-informed about opportunities for their students
- Meet other parents in the community and have the opportunity to network
- Share information and ideas about school improvement
- Plan activities for students, staff, and parents
- Make motions at general meetings or at board meetings as an executive board member