Mrs. Joanne Roarty, M.Ed., M.S.
School Counselor Rosemary Hills ES
301-920-9990 x 1010
Welcome to my counselor’s corner. Here you will find information about my counseling program and parent resources to support you and your child throughout the school year. I am here to help your child in every capacity I can.
My program provides comprehensive school counseling to all students that includes:
- Helping students with their emotions.
- Supporting students in their academic, social, emotional, and career development.
- Consulting with parents and teachers in the development of children and their behavior.
- Responding to a crisis.
- Individual counseling as needed.
- Group counseling for anxiety, making and keeping friends, families in separate homes.
- Classroom instruction on character education and safety.
A child can reach me through their teacher, an administrator, find me in room 259B, or parent contact.
YMCA Youth and Family Services
More than Just “The Blues”
Mental resources for Montgomery County Residents
Montgomery County Crisis Center (external site)
1301 Piccard Drive
Rockville, Maryland 20850
for free, immediate response to crisis situations through telephone and walk in services
Mental Health Association of Montgomery County (external site)
for mental health referral and information
Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services (external site)
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (external site)
Screening and Assessment Services for Children and Adolescents (external site)