2019-2020 Grade Level Assignments
||Ms. Isha Gupta – Resource Counselor
Ms. Karen Kiernan - Counseling Services Secretary
Ms. Arcé: (A — Z)
Ms. Yi: (A — Z)
Ms. Luckett: (A — G)
Ms. Gupta: (H — Z)
Our door is always open and you can reach any of us on 301-601-3190. We look forward to a happy, productive and successful year for all of our students.
The mission of Rocky Hill Middle School Counselors, as a diverse and caring community, is to advocate and collaborate to provide all students with a comprehensive and developmentally appropriate school counseling program. Our programs are designed to help all students develop and enhance their academic, career, and personal-social strengths in order to become responsible and productive citizens. We are committed to individual uniqueness and the maximum development of human potential.
The vision for Rocky Hill Middle School counseling program is for all students to be empowered with the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve academic, personal-social growth, and career success, and to reach their full potential as respectful, responsible citizens.
The goal of our Counseling program at Rocky Hill is to support student development in three broad domains: academic, career, and social/emotional. These domains promote growth mindsets and positive behaviors that enhance the learning process and create a culture of college and career readiness for all students.
Counseling Services Delivery
Services provided by counselors are:
Direct student services are in-person interactions between school counselors and students:
- delivery of structured instruction in classroom, for e.g.: Naviance
- delivery of structured group activities
- individual student planning to help students meet personal goals and develop future plans
- responsive services where counselors meet the immediate needs and concerns of a student in individual or small-group settings or crisis response.
Indirect services are provided on behalf of students as a result of the school counselors’ interactions with others:
- referrals for additional assistance
- consultations and collaboration with parents, teachers, other educators and community organizations
The classroom lessons are tailored to each grade level needs.
In 6th grade: Friendship Skills and how to resolve conflicts.
In 7th grade: Introduction to counselor and counseling services.
In 8th grade: 8th graders learned about high school opportunities and magnet programs.
New to Rocky Hill
- 6th Grade Orientation Information
- Media Center Orientation Video (.mov) NOTE: This is a large movie file and it may take several minutes to load. Please be patient. :)
- Tips for Students and Parents New to RHMS