Information about the In-School SAT and ACT Vouchers for Spring 2020
Option 1: Free SAT School Day: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 @ Quince Orchard High School
Option 2: Free voucher to take the ACT on Saturday, April 4, 2020 or Saturday, June 13, 2020.
The College and Career Readiness and College Completion Act (CCRCCA) of 2013 requires that all students take a Maryland State Department of Education approved college readiness assessment by the end of Grade 11.
Therefore, students will have a choice to either take a FREE SAT School Day at Quince Orchard High School on Wednesday, March 25, 2020 OR receive a FREE voucher to take the ACT during the national test administrations on Saturday, April 4, 2020 or Saturday, June 13, 2020 at a local high school. Students are highly encouraged to take advantage of ONE of these two options.
RULES and ELIGIBILITY:
- Only JUNIORS or students in their third year of high school are eligible for these opportunities. Student grade
level and eligibility will be verified.
- All JUNIORS will automatically be included in the College Board bulk registration for the SAT School Day;
however, only those students who register via this Google Form will be able to participate on March 25, 2020.
- Students can choose to participate in the SAT School Day OR use an ACT voucher.
- These are the only free options and dates available to students.
- Students may not retroactively apply the ACT voucher to a test already taken, or use the ACT voucher for a
date other than those previously mentioned.
- The SAT School Day will only be offered once.
- The SAT School Day and the ACT voucher are the non-essay versions. There is no free option to take the in-
school SAT or ACT offsite with the essay.
- There is no option to receive a voucher to take a free SAT offsite.
These rules are stipulated by an agreement between Montgomery County Public Schools, College Board (SAT), and ACT.
ACT REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION:
- ACT vouchers will be distributed to students on Wednesday, February 19 and Thursday, February 20 in the
- Students who request and receive the ACT voucher will be REQUIRED to produce a registration confirmation
with ACT. Any student receiving the ACT voucher that does not produce a registration confirmation with ACT
will be REQUIRED to return the voucher could BE OBLIGATED TO PAY FOR the entire cost of the voucher if it is
not returned ($52).
- A printed ACT registration confirmation must be submitted to QOHS. We have a limited
number of vouchers. Any vouchers that are distributed but unused potentially deny another student from
using the voucher.
- A condition for receiving the ACT voucher is to print out an ACT registration confirmation when you sign-up
to take the April or June ACT.
- A hard copy of the registration must be turned into the Career Center by no later than Thursday, February 26,
2020 (see below).
- Should any student not produce the registration confirmation by this date, we will seek the return of the
voucher so that it may be used by another student. Students with unused and unreturned vouchers may be
obligated the value of the voucher ($52).
- Wednesday, February 4, 2020 - Friday, February 13, 2020: Registration for the In-school SAT or ACT vouchers
through the QOHS website or in the Career Center at lunch or after school.
- Thursday, February 19 - Friday, February 20, 2020: ACT Voucher Distribution (CAREER CENTER)
- Thursday, February 26, 2020: ACT Registration Confirmation DUE to Ms. Moloney-Johnston in the College and
Career Center for April ACT
- Saturday, February 28, 2020: April 4th ACT Registration Deadline (Late Registration February 29 - March 13,
additional fees apply)
- Wednesday, March 25, 2020: SAT School Day @ QOHS
- Friday, May 1, 2020: ACT Registration Confirmation DUE to Ms. Moloney-Johnston in the College and
Career Center for June ACT
- Friday, May 8, 2020: June 13th ACT Registration Deadline (Late Registration May 9-22, additional fees apply)
Additional information on how to retrieve your ACT voucher or information on the SAT School Day will follow shortly.