School Emergency Information
School Emergency Codes
Shelter in Place - A danger is outside the building in the local area.
- Activities continue as scheduled inside the building.
- Outside doors are locked.
- Students are accounted for in all instructional areas.
- Gym and recess will be restricted to inside the school building.
Lockdown - A danger is imminent inside the building.
- Teachers sweep the hallway and secure all classrooms.
- Lights are turned off and blinds are drawn.
- Activities in the rooms are limited and a quiet appearance is encouraged.
Parent Reunification Plan
Parents are required to show a photo ID when picking up their children.
Alternate reunification location: Poolesville High School
- Parents enter through the outside all purpose room door on right side of the building.
- Parents move to the table with student's last name and present a photo ID.
- A staff member verifies authorization to pick up the child with the emergency information on file.
- Parents are given a card with a student name(s) to pick up and moves to call table.
- A staff member contacts the main office via walkie talkie and the child is called to the kitchen.
- Parents and children meet in the kitchen. The parent(s) signs the student out on the class list and exits through kitchen door.