7th Grade Animal Research Project
using the AGOPPE research model
Ask Questions | Gather Information | Organize | Prepare | Present | Evaluate
- Identify your research problem or question: Students will explore rights and responsibilities in the struggle to share finite resources with other people and with other living things.
- Analyze the problem and develop or refine questions—WHAT DO YOU SPECIFICALLY WANT TO KNOW OR RESEARCH?
- Read about the topic or issue!
- Gather keywords based on questions. Can you list your keywords?
- Choose the best source of information for your research--books, Internet, etc.
- Search for the information using:
- Power Knowledge--Life Science
- Britannica School Edition
4. Record notes and bibliographic information (citations).
- Summarize your findings—consider using INSPIRATION.
- Draw conclusions and inferences--organize your learning!
Prepare or Produce your learning product
- What is the best was to demonstrate or share your leanrning?
- Prepare a draft, script, storyboard or drawing FIRST!
- Prepare a Works Cited (bibliography)--consider using Microsoft Word.
Present OR share OR get feedback
- Revise your first draft (use peer reviewers or a teacher to help you).
- Prepare your final product or project (demonstrate your learning).
- Present the product to your audience!
- Evaluate the process and your product.