BISBIS stands for positive behavioral interventions and supports. There are three main components of PBIS: teaching appropriate behavior in all settings, providing interventions when behavior expectations are not met, and recognizing students when behavior expectations are met. PBIS is a team based school-wide design for discipline which includes all students and all staff in all settings. It is a program that can be upgraded as we go along to better meet the needs of our student population by using the results of surveys completed by students, parents, and staff and the analysis of discipline data (for more Information visit www.pbismaryland.org).
At Lee, we are P ositive, R esponsible I ndividuals D etermined to E xcel!
Our students display P.R.I.D.E. by showing that they are P ositive, R esponsible I ndividuals D etermined to E xcel. This code of conduct is designed to create a safer and more effective school environment. It is a systems approach to enhancing the capacity of schools to educate all children by developing research-based, school wide, and classroom discipline systems. Our process focuses on improving a school's ability to teach and support positive behavior for all students. At Col. E. Brooke Lee Middle School our approach provides systems for schools to design, implement, and evaluate effective school-wide, classroom, non-classroom, and student specific discipline plans.
As a school, we have created a school-wide behavioral expectations matrix based on displaying P.R.I.D.E. in all areas of our building.
- "Cougar Cash" serves as a positive behavior recognition to encourage our students to consistently demonstrate their P.R.I.D.E.
- Cougar Cash may be redeemed before school and during lunch for a variety of items such as time in the gym/outside, school materials, music accessories, entry into our weekly raffles, our winter wonderland gift shop, and other prizes!
- "Peace Parties"- each quarter, the grade level with the lowest amount of office discipline referrals will win a Peace Party! The grade level will vote on what they would like their prize to be.
Our PBIS team is always looking for support. Here are the ways you can support us:
- If you know of a local business that is willing to sponsor our program (monetary or other donations), please let us know.
- We are also accepting donations for our new Cougar Den. We are identifying items that students would be interested in working for, and we will share that list as soon as possible.
- Have some time and want to volunteer? We are looking for parent support! Please email Julie Mika if you are interested or if you would like any further information at Julie_B_Mika@mcpsmd.org.