Students can find information about summer assignments for all English classes and many of our AP classes online.
Senior Shirts and Senior Fees
The Class of 2021 sponsors have written a letter with all the start of year information you'll need! Check it out for details about Senior Fees and ordering your Senior T-Shirt! Don't delay in paying your Senior Fee (en Español)for the low price of $55 online or pre-ordering your t-shirt online! Questions should be sent to Ms. Jones or Ms. Farrow.
Stand Together to Be the Change
We held our first session of "Stand Together to Be the Change: Session 1: Seek to Understand" this week, information shared in that presentation is available to QOHS students via the link above.
Cougars Care For Our Community
Information about the Cougars Care For Our Community can be found online in our document and more details will be coming at the beginning of next week.
Graduation Links and Information
The MCPS Virtual Graduation can be seen online, it aired originally on Sunday, June 7th at 6pm and there was a special Spanish Virtual Commencement Celebration on June 20th at 6pm that can be viewed on the MCPSTV en Español YouTube channel. The QOHS Virtual Graduation is available on the QuinceOrchardTV YouTube page and Mr. Davis' Commencement Speech can be seen online as well. The program for the QOHS Virtual Graduation is also available online as well as the individual slides of each graduate. Students, families and friends can also view the Senior Awards Ceremony online on YouTube. Congratulations to the Class of 2020!!!
Information About MCPS & Coronavirus
Indoor school facilities along with fields remain closed. For all updates regarding the coronavirus and the impact to our schools and community please see the MCPS coronavirus website. http://montgomeryschoolsmd.org/coronavirus/. See information in the links and documents below, a full listing of all of the items we have posted since March 16th can be found here and you can use the "Dropbox" to ask specific questions to QOHS Administration.
- MCPS Letter to the Community on June 21st with details about a Community Survey for Schools in the Fall along with HS Grade Selection, MSDE Release of Per-Pupil Allocation Info, Summer Programs, Waymaking Special Event to Discuss Impact of Racism on Mental Health, Pre-K/Head Start Registration, School Library Media Programs, Mont. Co. Summer Employment Program.
- Mrs. Thomas' Callout from Sunday, June 14th with important details for students, families, and staff including details about Diploma distribution and Material Returns and Item Pick-Up for Underclassmen on Tuesday, June 16th and Wednesday, June 17th
- Chromebooks - As a reminder, you can pick up or exchange Chromebooks and MiFi devices at 45 West Gude Drive from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. every weekday. Families should wear masks and bring their child’s student ID number with them. For the technical needs of any student or parent during remote learning, please call 240-740-7022, see the full MCPS Message about Digital Privacy
- Distribution of Meals - MCPS has established over 20 locations where students can receive nutritious meals on Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesdays (with meals for Thursday), and Friday from 10am to Noon (new times starting 6/16). The closest locations to our students include Northwest High School, Gaithersburg High School, Gaithersburg Middle School, and Brown Station Elementary School. See the MCPS Meals Website for full details.
- School System and Community Resources - MCPS has also prepared a list of school system and community resources for families during this extended school closure.
- Athletics - Updated Statement from MPSSAA (June 11th) concerning the status of interscholastic athletics. More information about Athletics in MCPS is expected soon.
Signs of Suicide
The Counseling Department and the School Staff are planning to start the Signs of Suicide program with students on Thursday, March 5th, additional details about the program are available in the documents below.
Sprint 1 Million Project - Internet at Home
Do you have difficulty completing your work due to lack of internet at home? If so, you may qualify for a free device from Sprint! You must be - enrolled in an MCPS HS, not have reliable internet at home (no access, multiple students with 1 computer, dial up only), and meet income requirements. If eligible you can receive a device from Sprint with 10GB per month of free high-speed LTE data. Unlimited data is provided at 2G speeds if usage exceeds 3GB in a month. Get more information in the flyers – English, French, and Spanish.
Students can access resources shared during past QO.U classes by clicking here.
Student and Parent Portal
Need to access the MCPS Parent Portal or MCPS Student Portal, need more information about this - get all the details on the myMCPS Information Page. This page has information about setting up your account, what you can access via the portal and detailed instructions for using the portal. To access grades and class information through the MCPS Classroroom go to https://mcpsmd.instructure.com and to access attendance and long term information go to the Student/Parent portal https://portal.mcpsmd.org/public/. If you are having issues with your account or need your login information, please contact Mrs. Jennifer Nicholson, Media Specialist, via email to Jennifer_R_Nicholson@mcpsmd.org.
Students in need of Student Service Learning hours can look for current opportunities on the bulletin board in the red hallway on the first floor and sign-up for text or email reminders from remind.com - sign-up by texting @mrstshel to 81010. You may also look on the MCPS SSL website to view ongoing opportunities. All opportunities with a purple graduation cap are already approved by MCPS. If there is no graduation cap make sure you submit the Individual Student Service Learning Request form prior to serving your volunteer hours. See Mrs. Shelhorse if you have any questions concerning SSL or need help finding opportunities. More information can be found here.