Greencastle Has Counselors Who Care!!!!
Mrs. Claris Brock and Mrs. Lauren Kline
Our Counselors are…..
- People who help all students do their best.
- Resources for teachers, parents and children.
- Group leaders for students and parents.
- Consultants with parents and teachers.
- Members of the Student Achievement Support Team (SAST), Educational Management Team (EMT) and Individual Educational Plan (IEP) Team.
Our Counselors Talk to Teachers and Parents About….
- How their children get along with their classmates.
- How their children are doing with their schoolwork.
- How very special each child is.
Did You Know That our Counselors…..
- * Talk to and listen to all students.
- * Help students understand and share their feelings.
- * Help students get along with others.
- * Help student to think about their future.
- * Work with students in their classroom.
- * Help groups to listen, learn and grow together.
- * Help with referrals inside and outside of the school.
It’s Easy To See and Talk with Mrs. Brock or Mrs. Kline
- I can ask to visit the counselor by leaving a note under her door.
- I can go to her office with my teacher’s permission.
- My teacher can recommend me.
- My parents can request her services.
- My Principal or Assistant Principal can suggest that I see her.
- She may send me a note to invite me.
The Elementary School Counselor extends help to all children. The counseling program supports and compliments the efforts of the classroom teacher to facilitate your child’s learning.