As information for the Senior class arrives, it will be posted here. Check back often as the year progresses for additional information.
Ms. Marie Koch
Attached is the presentation that our seniors saw on 9/11/18 regarding the school year.
Senior Parent Meetings
The Senior Parent meeting held in the spring is mandatory because it outlines important information all students and parents should know in order to prepare for graduation.
Parent meetings will be held on:
Important Dates to Note
End of the year information can be found here
||Senior Banquet - Tickets on sale January 29 to February 12
||LAST DAY to pay for caps and gowns
||Senior Clearance and Cap & Gown Distribution
||Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal - Main Gym
Date: May 17th, 2019
Time: 8:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center
9751 Washingtonian Blvd, Gaithersburg, MD 20878
NOTE: Entry to Prom will be restricted after 9:30pm. Please arrive before then or you will be unable to get in.
Leaving School Early To Get Ready For Prom?
Is your child attending Blake’s Prom? If so, we are asking parents to send a note requesting permission for your child to leave at lunch (get ready for prom) on Prom Day. This will allow students to be dismissed at the beginning of the lunch period, and notes will be entered excusing your son or daughter from afternoon classes.
Please Note: Your son or daughter MUST attend Period 1-4 classes in order to attend the prom.
Excused notes must contain the following:
- Student’s Name
- I.D. # & Grade
- Home, work or cell telephone number of a parent/guardian
- Indicate Reason: Prom
Again, only students with permission to leave to get ready for the prom will be excused.
Mt. St. Mary’s University- Knott Arena
Emmitsburg, MD 21727
Date: Thursday, 6/6/19
Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Doors open at 9:00 am
Seniors MUST arrive by 9:00 am
Doors will temporarily close at 9:50 am
Graduation- Sign Language Interpretation Services
Individuals who need sign language interpreters or cued speech transliterators to participate in the graduation exercises should contact the Office of Interpreting Services at 240-740-1800.
Requests also can be made online using this link.
Parents/guardians or students with questions also may e-mail the office.
Please give as much notice as possible to enable staff to provide the accommodations requested. Requests should be received no later than January 28, 2019
Graduation- DVD Order Form
Graduation- Caps and Gowns
● Pick-up: Friday, 5/24/19
If your student is borrowing a gown, he or she needs to
purchase the 2019 tassel and white 2019 stole. This can be
purchased on 5/24 during Senior Clearance.
$20 CASH ONLY please
● Obligations: Seniors with financial obligations will not
be permitted to pick-up caps and gowns on Friday, 5/24/19
● Each family will receive 8 ceremony tickets
- All available tickets will be distributed to graduates
- Families can work with each other to obtain extra tickets
● Each person in attendance will need a ticket
● Graduates do not need tickets, their caps and gowns get them in
● Tickets will be distributed to students on 5/24/19 when they pick up
caps and gowns
Graduation- Additional Ticket Requests
● Graduation Bus: ($20 per seat, can be purchased online)
- On sale through 5/17, will be distributed 5/24 at clearance
- Pay online: Blake website - “Online Payments” and select “19 Parent Graduation Bus Tickets”
- Anyone planning to ride the bus must have a bus ticket
- Buses will leave Blake HS at 7:45 a.m.
- Buses will leave Mount St. Mary’s by 1:00 p.m.
● Parking: Free, Traffic Control by Frederick Sheriff’s Department
Last Updated: 4/25/2019