James Hubert Blake High School Back to School Resources
Welcome to our new, online summer resource bank. This page is designed to provide our new and returning families with all of the information needed to get the school year off to a great start.
Blake HS Information
- August 30- New Student Orientation, 7:45 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. (see below)
- August 30- Incoming 9th Grade Parent Meeting, 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. (see below)
- September 4- First Day of School
- September 5, 6, 7- Underclassmen Pictures
- September 10- No School for Students
- September 13- Back to School Night
- September 18 - PTSA Meeting, 7:00 p.m. (Media Center)
- September 19- No School for Students
- October 3- Talent Show
- October 5- Early Release Day
- October 8-12- Spirit Week
- October 10- PSAT Day
- October 10- Powder Puff Game
- October 11- Hallway Decorating
- October 12- Homecoming Football Game vs. Churchill
- October 13- Homecoming Dance
- October 17- NEC Open House
9th Grade Parent and Student Orientation
New Student Half Day Orientation
Incoming 9th Grade Parent meeting
- What: An opportunity for incoming 9th graders, and students who are new to the school to get to see the school, meet staff, learn about Blake, and meet their new classmates.
- Who: First time 9th graders and students new to Blake
- When: Thursday, August 30th, 7:45 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- How: Students should come to school using the method they will during the school year. Buses will run at the regular pick up times and will run home after the day is over.
- Thursday, August 30, 2018- 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
- 9th grade parents are invited to attend and learn about the 9th grade year as well as high school life at Blake HS.
Protection of Pupil Rights (Directory Withholding- will be sent home as well)
Reporting Bullying, Harassment, or Intimidation
Parent-Child Reunification Authorization Form
Pesticide Information (will be sent home as well)
is a tendency to think once we get to high school, the PTSA is no longer
relevant. We are ready to be done buying wrapping paper and being Room
Parents. But the truth is, our high school students, teachers and
community need us more than ever. The stakes are much higher so we are
not done yet. The Blake PTSA is the ONLY organization that helps all
students and the stronger our PTSA, the more powerful our collective voice.
take a moment to join the PTSA. The cost is just $35 per family and your
contribution will help support critical programs like:
Join Our PTSA
- High School 101 (for incoming freshmen)
- Sources of Strength (suicide prevention for all students)
- Student Recognition
- PTSA Scholarships
- Staff Appreciation
- NAACP Parent Council
And if you’d like to volunteer,
please contact President@blakeptsa.org
Senior Class Information
Senior Class Key Dates
Senior Portrait Information- DID YOU MISS YOUR SENIOR PORTRAITS? Go to https://vosphoto.com/seniors/
- July 11 - 13, 2018- Senior Portraits (see below)
- May 17, 2019- Senior Prom
- May 24, 2019- Last Day of School for Seniors, Senior Clearance Day
- June TBD, 2019- Graduation
Student Service Learning (SSL) Hours (Do you have your 75 hours?)
- Senior portraits are being done at Blake HS July 11-13
- Seniors should be receiving information in the mail, please click here to see what this information looks like
- You can click here to view the brochure of options for your photo session
- For additional information please visit vosphoto.com/seniors
Fall sports are scheduled to begin August 8th. Students who wish to participate should visit the information page here to make sure they have all of the information and paperwork needed.
The George B. Thomas Learning Academy "Saturday School"