PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS >
Board of Education to Meet on Tuesday, May 14
The Montgomery County Board of Education will meet on Tuesday, May 14, 2019, at the Carver Educational Services Center, 850 Hungerford Drive in Rockville. The meeting will begin at 9:30 a.m., with public agenda items beginning at 12 p.m. The public portion of the meeting will be broadcast live on the MCPS website and on MCPS TV (Comcast Channel 34).
The agenda, with related materials attached, can be found on the Board of Education’s BoardDocs site (please visit this link for the most up-to-date agenda).
1. Closed Session Approval - 9:30 a.m.
1.1 Acknowledgement of a Quorum
1.2 Resolution for Today's Closed Session
2. Opening of Meeting - 12:00 p.m.
2.1 Pledge of Allegiance
2.2 Approval of the Agenda
3. Human Resources and Development - 12:01 p.m.
3.1 Monthly Human Resources and Development Report
3.2 Human Resources and Development Appointments
4. Recognitions - 12:15 p.m.
4.1 Superintendent's Annual Mark Mann Excellence and Harmony Award
4.2 Pupil Personnel Worker Week - May 13-17, 2019
4.3 Recognition of the League of Educators for Asian American Progress Scholarship Recipients
5. Public Comments - 12:20 p.m.
6. Board/Superintendent Comments - 12:50 p.m.
6.1 Board/Superintendent Comments
6.2 Board Committee Updates
7. Items of Discussion/Action - 1:20 p.m.
7.1 Hospitality Foundation
8. Item of Discussion - 2:20 p.m.
8.1 Be Well 365: Physical, Social, and Psychological Well-being of all Students
9. Actions on Board Policies - 3:50 p.m.
9.1 Tentative Action, Policy COA, Student Well-being and School Safety
9.2 Final Action, Policy KBA, Policy on Public Information
10. Consent Items - 4:50 p.m.
10.1 Procurement Contracts of $25,000 or More
10.2 Contract Approval for Bid No. 4121.19, Office Papers, Virgin and Recycled
10.3 Award of Contract - Student Information System
10.4 Acceptance of Lucy V. Barnsley Elementary School Addition Project
10.5 Architectural Appointment - Bethesda-Chevy Chase and Walter Johnson Clusters Elementary Schools Capacity Study Project
10.6 Col. Zadok Magruder High School - Easement for Needwood Road Bike Path Project
10.7 Utilization of the Fiscal Year 2019 Provision for Future Supported Projects
10.8 Recommended Fiscal Year 2019 Supplemental Appropriation for School Safety Safe Schools Grant
11. Monthly Financial Report - 5:00 p.m.
11.1 Monthly Financial Report
12. Items of Information - 5:15 p.m.
12.1 Construction Progress Report
12.2 Legal Fees Report
13. Board of Education Items - 5:20 p.m.
13.1 Future Closed Session Resolution
13.2 Report of Previous Closed Session
13.3 Resolution to form a Communication Committee
13.4 Previous New Business: Use of Communication Application
13.5 New Business
14. Informational Summary - 5:25 p.m.
14.1 Informational Summary for April 29, 2019, Meeting
15. Adjournment - 5:30 p.m.
* times listed are intended for guidance only; unless changed by the Board, the order in which items appear will be followed.
<<Back to browse