PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS >
Timeline for MCPS Weather-Related Announcements on Feb. 5
Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) will adhere to the following timeline regarding announcements about changes to school schedules on Friday, February 5.
If weather conditions require MCPS to cancel school on Friday Feb. 5, a decision will be announced by 5 a.m.
If weather conditions require MCPS to dismiss students early on Friday, Feb. 5, a decision will be announced by 10:30 a.m.
Parents and community members are encouraged to make sure they are aware of the variety of ways they can receive emergency information from MCPS when a decision is made:
· MCPS QuickNotes: (e-mail announcements in six languages) http://www.mcpsquicknotes.org
· Alert MCPS: (text messages and/or e-mail announcements in English or Spanish) https://alert.montgomerycountymd.gov/
· Twitter: http://twitter.com/mcps
· MCPS website: http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org
· Recorded telephone line: (English and Spanish) 301-279-3673
· MCPS Cable TV: Comcast 34, Verizon 36, RCN 89
We also will inform local TV and radio stations in the event of school closure or early dismissal. Additional information about these and other ways to receive MCPS emergency information is available at www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/info/emergency/sources/
<<Back to browse