PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS >
Board of Education to Meet on Tuesday, November 12
The Montgomery County Board of Education will meet on Tuesday, November 12, 2019, at the Carver Educational Services Center, 850 Hungerford Drive in Rockville. The meeting will begin at 9 a.m., with public agenda items beginning at 10 a.m. The public portion of the meeting will be broadcast live on the MCPS website and on MCPS TV (Comcast Channel 34).
The agenda, with related materials attached, can be found on the Board of Education’s BoardDocs site (please visit this link for the most up-to-date agenda).
1. Closed Session Approval - 9:00 a.m.
1.1 Acknowledgement of a Quorum
1.2 Resolution for Today's Closed Session
2. Opening of Meeting - 10:00 a.m.
2.1 Approval of the Agenda
2.2 Color Guard Presentation
2.3 Pledge of Allegiance
2.4 In Honor of Veterans
3. Recognitions - 10:10 a.m.
3.1 Mental Health and Wellness Awareness Month
3.2 National Inclusive Schools Week
4. Human Resources and Development - 10:15 a.m.
4.1 Monthly Report
5. Public Comments - 10:20 a.m.
6. Action on Board Policies - 11:05 a.m.
6.1 Tentative Action, Policy IGS, Educational Technology
6.2 Tentative Action, Policy BOA, Legal Services
6.3 Tentative Action, Policy JEE, Student Transfers
6.4 Discussion, Policy IDA, School Year Calendar
7. Item of Discussion - 12:25 p.m.
7.1 2020-2021 School Year Calendar Update
8. Lunch Break and Continuation of Closed Session - 12:55 p.m.
9. Items of Discussion - 1:45 p.m.
9.1 Secondary Schools English for Speakers of Other Languages Update
10. Board/Superintendent Comments - 2:45 p.m.
10.1 Board/Superintendent Comments
10.2 Board Committee Updates
11. Item of Discussion/Action - 3:15 p.m.
11.1 Approval of Pilot Courses
12. Consent Items - 3:35 p.m.
12.1 Procurement Contracts of $25,000 or More
12.2 Award of Contract - Clarksburg High School Reroofing Project
12.3 Award of Contract - Rockville High School Reroofing Project
12.4 Consultant Appointments - Data Wiring and Cable Television Design Extension
12.5 Consultant Appointments - Energy Management Automation Systems Extension
12.6 Engineering Appointments - Building Commissioning Services Extension
12.7 Engineering Appointments - Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Replacement Program Extension
12.8 Fiscal Year 2020 Supplemental Appropriation and Amendment to the Fiscal Years 2019-2024 Capital Improvement Program - School Security Systems
12.9 Utilization of the Fiscal Year 2020 Provision for Future Supported Projects
12.10 Concentration of Poverty School Grant Program
13. Monthly Financial Report - 3:45 p.m.
13.1 Monthly Financial Report
14. Items of Information - 4:00 p.m.
14.1 Construction Progress Report
14.2 Legal Fees Report
14.3 Minority-, Female-, Disabled-owned Business Procurement Year-to-Date Report for Fiscal Year 2020 through September 30, 2019
15. Board of Education Items - 4:05 p.m.
15.1 Future Closed Session Resolution
15.2 Report of Previous Closed Session
15.3 Minutes for the October 23, 2019, Work Session
15.4 Previous New Business Item: Grade 3 Literacy Data
15.5 New Business
16. Informational Summaries - 4:20 p.m.
16.1 Informational Summary for the October 28, 2019, Meeting
17. Adjournment - 4:25 p.m.
* times listed are intended for guidance only; unless changed by the Board, the order in which items appear will be followed.
<<Back to browse