Online Homework Help Service Begins February 1, 2021
Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) is pleased to announce a new, free student online tutoring and homework help service that will begin with the second semester on February 1. Tutorme.com is a secure, online resource that will be easily accessible through MCPS student Canvas and StudentVUE accounts and will offer on-demand assistance on any subject from grade 3 through grade 12.
TheTutorme.com service provides assistance that aligns with the MCPS curriculum, including knowledge of new curriculum tools being implemented now. The service maintains rigorous standards providing high-quality, diverse tutors, screened for excellence (including a criminal background check).
The service is:
- Available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Available as a free resource to students in grade 3 through grade 12
The service features:
- An online lesson space with a virtual whiteboard
- Text editor and chat space
- Audio/video chat (although you do not have to use this feature or turn on your camera)
- A function to allow sharing of screenshots of work examples to assist tutors as they provide support
- More than300 subjects from math to science, social studies and languages
The vendor has followed all MCPS contracting rules, including those governing data sharing and privacy and is committed to a positive, supportive environment to help students as an on-demand service as they seek support doing homework. A separate account is not required because the service is available through MCPS student online accounts.
More information is available at the vendor website, www.tutorme.com Directions for how students will access the service is here
Montgomery County Public Schools