Dear Parents and Guardians,
For the 4th Marking Period (MP4), students will earn marks of Pass (P) or Incomplete (I) instead of letter grades for each of their credit-bearing courses. Students, with the support of their parents/guardians, may choose to have the final Semester 2 grade shown as either a letter (ex. A, B, C, D, E) or as Pass/Incomplete (P/I). The Grading Options Tool was developed to allow students to submit their preferences and to help them choose the best possible option for each course. Grade choice is only available for Semester 2 courses, not full-year courses or non-credit bearing courses.
Submit Your Grading Choices (Instructions for Students)
To submit your grade display choices for Semester 2,
- Visit: https://bit.ly/mcpsmd-grade-display-preference
- Use your MCPS Google username (ex., email@example.com) and your password to log in.
- Select your choices. Use the Grade Calculator to help you pick the best possible option for each course. Click Submit when you are done.
- After you submit your choices, an email confirmation will be sent to your MCPS Google account for your records.
- Timeline → Between June 4, 2020 and June 12, 2020, students can submit their choices for how to show Semester 2 grades on the report card.
- Daily Limits → Students can update their preferences multiple times throughout the window, but are limited to three attempts/submissions per day.
- Course List → The tool will only show credit-bearing courses for students.
- Default Choice → The default report card display choice will be “Letter” as long as the letter grade improves the overall GPA. Otherwise, “P” will be assigned.
If you have questions about the tool or need help, please refer to the help guide.
Montgomery County Public Schools