Policies and Regulations → Section I → IG → Curriculum Implementation
Last revised: February 09, 2021
Board Policy IGS, Educational Technology, affirms the Board’s commitment to equitable access and opportunity for all students and staff to use technology to communicate, collaborate, create, and innovate safely and responsibly in support of teaching and learning.
Policy IGS sets forth the following principles to guide the effective, appropriate, and strategic integration of technology resources to support teaching and learning, as well as the essential operational functions of MCPS:
• Technology is an integrated part of the teaching and learning process that supports curricular goals,
• Staff and students use technology resources capably, purposefully, and responsibly,
• Technology supports students in meeting diverse learning needs and pursuing a range of interests,
• MCPS provides a comprehensive and functional technology infrastructure to support instruction and operations,
• MCPS engages with multiple stakeholders to shape, advance, and accelerate the Board vision for empowered learning with educational technology, digital content, and learning opportunities to meet the diverse needs and range of interests of all learners.