Human Resources → Awards→ Washington Post Principal of the Year Award
The Washington Post Principal of the Year Award
2018 Montgomery County Public Schools' Nominee
Jane Ennis, principal at Glen Haven Elementary School since 2014, was nominated for this year's Washington Post Principal of the Year Award.
Nominations for the 2019 Washington Post Principal of the Year Award will be accepted October 18, 2018, through January 4, 2019.
The Washington Post timeline is as follows:
- 3/11/2019: Washington Post to select and notify the winning Principal. Information remains under embargo until official announcement by Washington Post.
- 4/15/2019: Washington Post's promotional activities begin. Winners and finalists are featured online on washingtonpost.com.
- 4/16/2019: Washington Post's profiles of the winning principal appears in print.
About the Award
Each year one Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) principal is selected to receive the Washington Post Principal of the Year Award. The award program recognizes principals who go beyond the day-to-day demands of their position to create an exceptional educational environment.
What Does the Principal of the Year Receive?
The principal of the year earns tremendous respect as the Washington area's best principal. The winning finalist will receive:
- a signature trophy
- $7,500 monetary award
- a feature spot in a 1/2 page ad that runs in The Washington Post newspaper
- a profile in The Washington Post and on washingtonpost.com
All other finalists will receive a certificate of appreciation from The Washington Post.
The winner will be notified by The Washington Post in March 2019.
Who Can Be Nominated?
Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) principals.
Who Can Nominate a Principal?
The nomination may be submitted by teachers, students, former students, parents, administrators or the general public.
How is a Nomination Submitted?
Each nominee must submit a nomination packet.
Where & When to Submit
All nomination packet materials must be submitted no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, January 4, 2019.
Pamela RumerMontgomery County Public SchoolsOffice of Human Resources and Development
WaPo Principal of the Year Award45 W. Gude Drive, Suite 2100
Rockville, Maryland 20850
email Pamela Rumer
If you have questions about the award or the award process, please call the Office of Human Resources and Development (OHRD), at 301-279-3900.