Board of Education Meeting: June 12, 2007
Watch Meeting by Agenda Item
Click on agenda item. Click on Watch Now button to view video of that item. Summary will appear if available.
Full Agenda (74K PDF)
- Approval of the Agenda
- Leadership Montgomery Youth Community Service Leadership Awards; Recognition of Distinguished Hispanic Scholars
Leadership Montgomery Youth Community Service Leadership Awards: The Board recognized five students who received Leadership Montgomery Community Service Leadership Awards. The cash awards are sponsored by the law firm of Shulman, Rogers, Gandal, Pordy and Ecker.
Recognition of Distinguished Hispanic Scholars : The Board recognized 21 students who received scholarships from the Hispanic Employees Association of Montgomery County Public Schools.
- Public Comments
- Board/Superintendent Comments
- Human Resources
The Board approved the following administrative appointments:
- Erick J. Lang, currently acting associate superintendent, Office of Curriculum and Instructional Programs, as associate superintendent, Office of Curriculum and Instructional Programs
- Peter J. Cahall, currently principal, Watkins Mill High School, as director of school performance, Winston Churchill, Richard Montgomery, Rockville, Thomas S. Wootton Clusters
- Ebony Y. Langford, currently principal, Forest Knolls Elementary School, as director, Elementary School Instruction and Achievement, Office of Curriculum and Instructional Programs
- Roni S. Silverstein, currently principal, Clopper Mill Elementary School, as director, Elementary Leadership Development, Office of Organizational Development
- Catherine R. Allie, currently principal, South Lake Elementary School, as director, Skillful Teaching and Leading, Office of Organizational Development
- Karen E. Carter, currently acting coordinator, Special Initiatives, Department of Instructional Programs, Office of Curriculum and Instructional Programs, as coordinator, Special Initiatives, Department of Instructional Programs, Office of Curriculum and Instructional Programs
- Jennifer M. Hoover, currently assistant principal, Richard Montgomery High School, as magnet coordinator, International Baccalaureate Program, Richard Montgomery High School
- Ginger M. Corpuz, currently student support specialist, Shady Grove Middle School, as administrative assistant, Office of Human Resources
- Lisa S. Seymour, currently acting principal, Bethesda Elementary School, as principal, Bethesda Elementary School
- Ryan Forkert, currently principal intern, Luxmanor Elementary School, as principal, Luxmanor Elementary School
- Michaele Manaigo, currently principal, Cora L. Rice Elementary School, Prince George’s County Public Schools, as principal, Weller Road Elementary School
- Victoria (Vicky) A. Casey, currently principal intern, Clarksburg Elementary School, as principal, Whetstone Elementary School
- Virginia A. de los Santos, currently assistant principal, Wheaton High School, as principal, White Oak Middle School
- Final Adoption of the FY 2008 Operating Budget
The Board of Education unanimously adopted the final Montgomery County Public Schools Fiscal Year 2008 Operating Budget. The $1.985 billion budget reflects changes as approved by the County Council on May 24. The Council approved 99.7 percent of the Board’s budget request, providing an increase of $133 million (7.2 percent) over the FY 2007 budget. More details
- Consent Items
- Monthly Financial Report
- Final Adoption of Revised Health Education Curriculum
On a vote of 6 to 1, the Board approved revised Health Education lessons on human sexuality for students in Grades 8 and 10. The approval of the curriculum for full implementation in the 2007-2008 school year followed a field test in six middle and high schools in March and feedback from field-test teachers, parents, and students. The curriculum includes two 45-minute lessons, one for Grade 8 and one for Grade 10, and a DVD demonstrating the use of a condom for Grade 10 students. More details
- Board of Education Items
- Items of Information
This meeting is streamed in Windows Media format.
Get Windows Media
Internet Explorer: Click on an agenda item to go to that segment of the video.
Firefox/Opera: Right click on the video player, select file markers, and then choose the segment you want to watch.
Mac Users: In stand-alone player, select view, file markers, and choose the segment you want to watch. Launch stand-alone player
Technical problems: Contact Webmaster
Feedback: Tell us what you think
Updated June 18, 2007 | Maintained by Web Services