The Wood Acres staff appreciates the opportunity to use e-mail as an important vehicle of communication. It can be a valuable time saver and often eliminates “phone tag.” Since each teacher has many students, we believe the following tips will help streamline the process for both the parents and especially the teachers. Please DO NOT e-mail (or “copy to”) the principal. Mrs. Sherburne receives an extremely high volume of e-mail, so it is not the best way to communicate with her.
- Put your child’s name in the subject box.
- Be specific and as brief as possible.
- Provide your name and phone number.
- If you feel very emotional about an issue, please allow yourself a cooling-off period before writing your e-mail.
- Please wait 48 hours for a response.
- Please DO NOT send personal requests such as “Please remind Johnny that he has boy scouts today,” etc.
Concerns that you may have about your child are very important to our teachers and it is our belief that the details should be kept confidential. Because we desire to keep concerns/issues private and because emails can often be misinterpreted, please use email to set up an appointment with your child's teacher to discuss any concerns you might have.
The Wood Acres Staff values the partnership with parents and greatly appreciates your cooperation.