MONTGOMERY COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Student Service Learning (SSL)
Give a Little Time….Make a Big Difference
SSL WITH SCHOOL CLUBS, ORGANIZATIONS, AND DEPARTMENTS
- Includes phases of preparation, action, and reflection.
- Addresses a real need in the community.
- Occurs in a public place (school, synagogue, library, not a private residence).
- Is supervised by an adult representing an approved organization (MCPS).
- Is recorded on MCPS Form 560-51, Student Service Learning Activity Verification.
- Reflects one (1) SSL hour for every one (1) hour of service outside of a student’s instructional day.