Linkages to Learning
The Linkages to Learning Program is "a collaborative school-based health and human service partnership of public and private agencies, schools, families, and communities."
"To improve the well-being of children and their families through a collaborative delivery of school-based services that address the social, economic, health, and academic success of a child."
- Ana Schmitz, Site Coordinator - 301-284-4162 x1072
- Kathy Wilcox, Case Manager - 301-284-4163 x1073
- Luz Peressi, Case Manager - 301-284-4164 x1074
- Allysa Miller, Mental Health Therapist - 301-284-4161 x1076
- Lori Altman, SBHC Nurse - 301-284-4130 x1041
- Sara Zavala, Health Room Technician - 301-284-4130 x1015
- Christie Meuer, School Counselor - 301-284-4150 x1023
- Nancy Teague, School Counselor - 301-284-4150 x1033
- Lori Lucas, Nurse Practitioner - 301-284-4130 x1044
- Haifa Krakaur, HHS-LTL Supervisor - 240-277-1291
- Jimena Lazarte, LTL-FSA Student Intern - 301-284-4161 x1075
Mental Health Services
- Mental health assessment
- Individual child and family therapy
- Prevention and therapy groups
- Therapeutic recreation
Social Services and Case Management
- Family needs assessment
- Assistance obtaining clothes, furniture, food, housing, etc.
- Assistance with legal, employment, and immigration issues.
- Crisis intervention (utilizes cut-off, evictions, domestic violence, etc.)
- Assistance accessing daycare, summer, and recreational programs.
Educational Support Service
- Computer classes for parents (Summer)
- Parent Educational Group (Wednesday 9:30 to 11:30 AM)
- Community Exchange Network (Backpacks, Food and Holiday assistance)
- After school programs (Dance club, Girls on the Run and Tutoring)
Medical Health Care Services
- Sick care and well child examinations
- Lab testing
- Hearing and Vision screening