Departments→ Linkages to Learning
Linkages to Learning at Silver Spring International MS
Ethan Pickering | Kirsten Jimerson
Community School Coordinator/ Family Case Manager Child and Family Therapist
Linkages to Learningis a school-based collaboration among the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services, the Montgomery County Public Schools and non-profit, community based service providers. The program provides accessible services to at-risk children and their families to improve adjustment to and performance in school, home, and community. Prevention and early intervention services include health, mental health, social services and educational support.
Linkages Information Flyer English
Linkages Information Flyer Spanish
The MissionTo improve the well-being of children and their families through a collaborative delivery of school-based services that address the social, economic, health, and emotional issues that interfere with the academic success of a child.
Here at Silver Spring International Middle School, the Linkages to Learning program is served by the YMCA’s Youth & Family Services.
Linkages to Learning Services
- Supporting students' adjustment to school
- Counseling individuals, families and groups
- Providing preventive health care and health education
- Providing workshops and classes on issues of parenting, nutrition, ad acculturation
- Assisting with food, utility and housing problems
- Providing translation services for non-English speaking families
- Assisting parents in completing financial and medical assistance forms
- Planning community outreach and prevention programs
- Empowering parents to access the "service system" on their own
Linkage's Main Web Page
Ethan Pickering:(301) 565-7650
Kirsten Jimerson:(301) 565-7651
Linkages Fax:(301) 565-7652