Departments → Counseling
"Professional school counselors are leaders who advocate, collaborate, and facilitate individual and system change to ensure every student has the knowledge and skills necessary for academic success and personal growth." - Montgomery County Public Schools Student Counseling Services - Mission
Members of the Counseling Department at Silver Spring International Middle School work to help students be successful socially, emotionally and academically.
- We work with students individually, in small groups and with entire classes of students.
- We work with parents to help their children be more successful through consultations and conferences.
- We provide teachers with support for their students by strategizing alternative approaches and facilitating educational management.
Counseling Pamphlet 2016-2017
Course Change Request 2017-2018
The Counseling Office is open Monday through Friday,7:45 a.m - 3:30 p.m.
Please call 240-740-2760 to schedule an appointment to discuss any concerns related to your child. Fax: 301-650-6429
To register/enroll your child, please provide:
1) Proof of residency
- Copy of current lease, or
- Copy of property tax bill
2) Copy of child's birth certificate
3) Copy of child's immunization records
4) Photo of parent ID
5) Custody papers, if applicable
6) Name and contact information
of previous school
School Transfer Packet should include these documents:
- Copy of last report card
- Withdrawl/ clearance form
- Health/immunization records
- copy of Indivizualized Education Plan (IEP) if
student receives special education services
- Copy of 504 Plan, if applicable
- Name and contact information of previous
If you need to make a change to your child's courses please fill out the attached form and return it to the counseling department.
Course Bulletin 2016-2017
Middle School Course Bulletin
Course Change Request Form
Counselors will be presenting
lessons to introduce the Family Connection/Naviance College and Career Research
tool with students in 7th and 8th grade. Read more about
it in the attached letter. (English/Spanish)
Students in 7th and 8th grade have
received a letter to provide further information about the Naviance Family
Connection Career and College Exploration tool. Included in this letter is an
activation code for parents to gain access to the site, and review activities
their student may have completed on the program. Any questions about Naviance
can be directed to Resource Counselor, Richard Solomon, who can be reached by
email at Richard_B_Solomon@mcpsmd.org
or by phone at 301-562-5240.
To access Naviance Family Connection, use the following
8th Grade High School Choice
DCC/NEC 2016 Fairs
Staff e-mail addresses and phone numbers are listed in the Staff Directory