IT ESSENTIALS - A+ CERTIFICATION
This course covers fundamentals of computer hardware and software as well as advanced concepts. Students who complete this course will be able to describe the internal components of a computer, assemble a computer system, install an operating system, and troubleshoot using system tools and diagnostic software. Students will also be able to connect to the Internet and share resources in a network environment. New topics included in this version include laptops and portable devices, wireless connectivity, security, safety and environmental issues, and communications skills.
CISCO Networking Academy (CCNA)
This curriculum presents basic networking education to equip students with knowledge and skills that can be applied toward entry-level careers in IT networking and CCENT or CCNA certification. CCNA Discovery is a blended curriculum with both online and classroom learning.
This curriculum helps students develop the skills needed to obtain entry-level networking jobs. It provides a hands-on approach to networking education that allows students to gain practical experience early in the curriculum. Students complete engaging instructional labs that help them understand the general theory needed to build networks. The curriculum encourages students to consider additional education in IT by teaching applied skills midway through the four-course series. CCNA Discovery was designed to be delivered as an independent curriculum or integrated into broader courses of study at secondary schools, technical schools, colleges, and universities. It is for students with basic PC skills.
- The exam is a standard industry exam that is recognized by a number of our leading industries.
- We offer this at a discounted rate through the Vue testing center. The cost of the exam is $125.00. Students must pass the test at the end of Discovery 2. A passing score of 75 or higher allows you to receive a 62.5% discount.
- The final cost for students to take the CCENT exam 640-822 is $46.88
- The test will be given sometime in May. The testing Facility is located at Choke Cherry
- Students are required to take the CCENT, but do not have to pass the exam to receive credit for course
- Students are required to take 2 exams.
- The first test will cover modules 1–10 of the IT Essentials curriculum.
- The second test will cover modules 11-16.
- A+ requirement exams are the 701 (Essentials) exam along with the 702 (Practical Applications) exam.
PC Hardware and Software v4 helps to prepare students for the CompTIA A+ certification exams (http://www.comptia.org). The fundamentals part of the course chapters 1-10, prepares students for the required Comptia A+ Essentials exam. The advanced part of the course, chapters 11-16, prepares students for Comptia's an everyday job-environment.
Micro Computer Technologies A/B 5611/5612 (T/AT/TR) Identify and install components of a personal computer. Troubleshoot different Operating Systems. Prepare of CompTIA A+ Certification (CompTIA A+ Essentials (701) One of the following Practical Application 220-702
Network Engineering and Management A/B 5615/5616 (T/AT/TR) set up a Local Network (LAN) Prepare for Cisco Networking Certification (CCENT) (Cisco certified Entry Network Technician) CCENT exam 640-822
Benefits of CCNA Certification
After completing the first two courses of CCNA Discovery, Networking for Home and Small Businesses and Working at a Small-to-Medium Business or ISP, a student has to option to take the CCNET (CISCO Certified Entry Network Technician) certification exam. CCENT certifies the practical skills required for entry-level IT positions. In addition, this certification assess a student's aptitude and competence to work in an environment that features CISCO networking devices software.
For more information contact: