IBDP Self Study 2012-2013
Program evaluation is both a requirement and a service provided by the IBO to Springbrook High School as an IB World School. The aim is for the IB to ensure on a regular basis that the standards and practices of the programs are being maintained.
The school is expected:
- to determine its own assessment of the implementation of the IB Diploma Programme, according to the Programme standards and practices and program requirements
- to identify major achievements during the period under review and to identify practices that need further development
The IB is expected:
- to analyze and evaluate the Springbrook High School's implementation of the IB Diploma Programme, according to the Programme standards and practices and program requirements
- to commend schools on practices that address the Programme standards and practices in ways that solves challenges faced by the school and/or show outstanding implementation
- to provide guidance on enhancing the implementation of the IB Diploma Programme in Springbrook High School
- to point out areas within Springbrook HIgh School's practice that, if not addressed immediately, will jeopardize the integrity of the IB Diploma Programme and thus the school's entitlement to be considered and IB World School
At the time of evaluation, Springbrook High School is expected to incorporate the results of its self study in an action plan. This plan is submitted as part of the supporting documentation.
After evaluation, Springbrook High School is expected to incorporate the IB recommendations from the evaluation report in the action plan for the new five-year cycle. However, responses to the matters to be addressed will be required within a time frame set by the IB Americas office. This will be separate from the action plan.
The action plan will help Springbrook High School define its objectives and to monitor its progress towards achieving these. It will also help to ensure that a culture of ongoing reflection and improvement permeates the school.
To that end, all stakeholders of the IBDP will participate in the evaluation process at appropriate levels.