Career Academies Program at SVHS
Seneca Valley High School offers three Career Academies designed for students with a strong interest in Early Childhood Development, Information Technology or Automotive Technology.
Our three Career Academies are:
- Academy of Automotive Technology (Lead Teacher, Mr. John Maher)
- Academy of Early Childhood Development (Lead Teacher, Ms. Susan Eckrich)
- Academy of Technology - contains the National Academy of Information Technology (AOIT) (Lead Teacher, Ms. Judith Daniels)
Requirements For An Academy Credential
- Student must satisfy State of Maryland requirements.
- Student must complete the required courses in his/her academy, culminating in a capstone project.
Capstone experiences must be in depth, challenging and reflective of the collective learning of the student and relative to the academy required courses and career focus.
If a student is interested in an intersnip, this will be coordinated by the Internship Coordinator. If the student is assigned an internship, a portfolio and presentation must be created to document the internship experience.
Career Academies Staff
If you have questions regarding academies or specific requirements, please contact the lead teacher of the academy. If you have questions regarding class offerings or changing academies or pathways, please make an appointment with your Counselor.