[Alternative Program Overview] [Alternative Program Brochure] [Welcome Letter]
- Provide a working environment and academic support for students.
- Encourage each student to attend classes, complete assignments, improve organizational skills, maintain a positive attitude, and overall, take a proactive interest in his/her education and future.
- Work with students on how to advocate respectfully for themselves.
- Request, compile, and communicate with staff about student information concerning grades, attendance, and behavior.
- Establish a productive rapport and means of communication with staff members, particularly the parents / guardians, for each student.
- Schedule and attend conferences addressing each student’s admission into the Alternative Class, progress throughout, and transition back into the mainstream or to an Alternative Level II School.