Fourth Grade Math Links
- 188.8.131.52 organize and display data in a variety of ways, including line plots and line graphs.
- Create a graph
- 184.108.40.206 analyze and interpret line plots, line graphs
- Circle graphs
- 220.127.116.11 determine and distinguish among mean, median, mode, and range using concrete materials.
- 18.104.22.168 use place value through millions.
- 22.214.171.124 read and write numbers less than one million and more than one hundred using standard and expanded notation.
- 126.96.36.199 identify, classify, and sketch acute, right, and obtuse angles
- 188.8.131.52 identify and describe the attributes of the sides, angles, edges, vertices, and faces of solid figures.
- If the shape is cut, what would it look like?
- 184.108.40.206 identify parallelism and perpendicularity of geometric figures and real-world objects.
- 220.127.116.11 identify, draw, label, and describe points, lines, line segments, and rays.
- 18.104.22.168 collect and organize data using a variety of graphic representations, including tables, stem and leaf plots, line plots, and line graphs.
- 22.214.171.124 analyze and interpret stem and leaf plots and double line graphs.
- 126.96.36.199 identify and draw circles and identify relationships among the radius, diameter, center and circumference.
- 188.8.131.52 draw geometric figures using tools and technology.
- 184.108.40.206 use protractors to measure angles.
- Use a protractor to measure angles
- 220.127.116.11 recognize and name equivalent fractions
- Fraction of a Whole (Pizza)
- 18.104.22.168 compare and order fractions, including improper fractions and mixed numbers with like denominators. (manipulative-work with lesson)
- More ordering fractions-choose the largest fraction
- 22.214.171.124 identify and compare decimals to the hundredths using numerals, pictures, and concrete objects.
- 126.96.36.199 identify and describe the relationship between fractions and decimals. Activity 1
- Activity 2
- 188.8.131.52 add and subtract fractional numbers with like denominators, explaining the process and recording the results.
- 184.108.40.206 use models and pictures to multiply a fraction by a whole number and a whole number by a fraction.
- 220.127.116.11 add, and subtract decimals (tenths and hundredths), explaining the process and recording the results.
- 18.104.22.168 find the probability of an event with equally likely outcomes and express the probability as a fraction from 0 (impossible) up to and including 1 (certain). (Done as Lesson)
- 22.214.171.124 identify and represent all possible outcomes for a probability situation in an organized way (e.g., tables, grids, tree diagrams)
- 126.96.36.199 compare and order decimals to the thousandths place and describe them using place value concepts. (hundredths)
- 188.8.131.52 add and subtract fractions
- mixed numbers
- Add and Subtract fractions in BrainPop
- 184.108.40.206 multiply and divide decimals by whole numbers.
- 220.127.116.11 compute percentages of 10, 20, 25, 50, and 100 percent of a number.
- Challenge: All Percents
- 18.104.22.168 use a fraction or a ratio to describe the probability of an event.
- Probability- Fish Tank, show the probability as a fraction of picking the red fish
Other Activities that are good for 4th Grade
Recognize geometric patterns
- 22.214.171.124 solve multi-step problems involving length, weight and capacity, time, time, capacity, temperature, perimeter, area, volume
- 126.96.36.199 estimate and determine the area of rectangles and estimate the area within any closed figure
- Identify Area
- 188.8.131.52 develop and use formulas to determine the volume of rectangular prisms.
- 184.108.40.206 compare, order, and describe integers on a number line.