Student Service Learning
Student Service Learning School-based Coordinator:
Phone: 301-649-8088 x1107
All students working toward Maryland State Department of Education diplomas must complete 75 service learning hours in addition to the graduation requirements of enrollment, credit, courses, and competencies.
- All students awarded the Certificate of Meritorious Service will have completed 260 service hours by April 6, 2018.
- To find pre-approved SSL opportunities click here.
- To print an SSL Verification of student hours form, click here.
- Volunteering more than 25 hours? Please complete the volunteer log-in sheet found here.
- Student Service Learning Hours must be performed at an MCPS approved organization. If the organization is not on the approved list, a special activity form must be filled out and approved BEFORE the student performs the service. To download the special activity form click here.
- To review the MCPS Student Service Learning program click here.
- Click here to review the Student Service Learning guidebook.
- Friday, September 29, 2017:
Documentation of service performed from June 2, 2017 through the summer is due to the school-based SSL coordinator.
- Friday, January 5, 2018:
Documentation of service performed during the first semester is due to the school-based SSL coordinator.
- April 6, 2018:
Documentation that qualifies seniors for Certificates of Meritorious Service is due to the school-based SSL coordinator.
- Friday, June 1, 2018:
Documentation of all service performed during the second semester is due to the school-based SSL coordinator.