This pathway equips students with the tools needed to communicate their vision as knowledgeable leaders, publishers, designers and/or presenters of the creative arts.
Our mission is to provide a variety of rigorous and inclusive learning experiences for all students.
- Managers of Public Relations
- Journalism Education Association Conferences
- Columbia Scholastic Press Association Conferences
- Career Related Internships
- The Montgomery County Region of the Maryland Association of Student Councils
- Forensics Competitions
- Debate Competitions
- National Scholastic Press Association Competitions
- History Day / Bowl
- Newseum Workshops
- Summer College Workshops
- Certificate of Completion from MCPS
- Notification on Official Transcript
- Distinctive Recognition of Pathway Completion at Graduation
Present a portfolio of work, analysis and reflections that demonstrate:
- Your growth as a learner
- Your effectiveness as a leader
- Your recognized accomplishments
- Your contributions toward the enhancement of the community
Portfolio: Students will document their Academy Experiences and students will present their portfolios as part of their Capstone Project
Students in the Communications pathway of the Humanities, Art and Media Academy examine manners in which people connect with each other and convey their ideas to various audiences. The students in this pathway produce publications and presentations that creatively engage with the many voices of the school community. Through various forms of speech, media, design, and/or written language, students study methods of effective communication. They utilize technology, embrace positions of leadership and foster strong relations with community members as they build their communication skills.