Advanced English 7 Essay
Mastery Objective:Students will find evidence to support their position on an issue related to World War II.
The topics are:
- Should women in the military be allowed and/or required to engage in combat?
- Should military/political leaders be held responsible for atrocities committed in war?
- Should restitution be made to wartime victims?
- Did the US make the right decision to inter Japanese Americans during WWII? (Why not Italian and German Americans)
- Is it wrong not to offer help or assistance?
MCPS Homework Resources - Online Resources provided by MCPS. See Edline Media Center page for logins and passwords for home use.
Sirs Discoverer-- General reference resource for young researchers.
SIRS Issues Researcher - Covering the Leading Issues most studied and debated by students.
Student Research Center - Current Issues
A Grave Wrong
Women in Combat
Weekly Reader – General
Should Women Be Allowed in Combat? Yes and No
Note taking template - Decision-Making Model
based on Graphic Organizers and Generic Patterns © North Carolina State University
Three items are due on Monday: 1) Bibliography 2) Organizer 3) Type written speech
Revised Note-taking Template [MS Word 2010]
How Do I Write the Speech?
Speech Project Resources