2018-19 Student Course Registration Timeline
The articulation process for students in grades 9, 10, and 11, and in-coming 9th graders, will occur during January and February 2018. Below are the dates for the various stages of the student course registration timeline:
- Teacher Recommendations: Teachers will complete recommendations online during the week of January 8th through 12th.
- Pre-registration: Counselors will visit students by grade level during English classes on:
Ø Tuesday, January 16th – 11th grade
Ø Wednesday, January 17th – 10th grade
Ø Thursday, January 18th – 9th grade
· In-coming 9th Grade Parent Night and Upperclassmen/AP Fairon Wednesday, January 24th from 6:30 pm – 8:40 pm. Immediately following an information session in the auditorium (7:00 pm – 7:30 pm), we will hold four ten-minute breakout sessions (held in classrooms) for parents and students to attend. Resource teachers and identified staff members will showcase their subject areas. The breakout sessions will run from 7:40 pm - 8:35 pm. An AP Fair will be running in the cafeteria from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm showcasing Magruder’s Advanced Placement program.
· Pre-registration for 8th graders: Counselors and Resource Teachers will visit Redland and Shady Grove on Tuesday, January 30th to explain the registration process, course offerings and academy programs to all 8th grade students.
· Registration for 8th graders: Magruder counselors will assist with the student online course registration:
Ø Shady Grove Middle School on Thursday, February 1st
Ø Redland Middle School on Friday, February 2nd
- Registration: Counselors will assist students with their on-line course registration using chrome books during Social Studies classes on:
Ø Monday, February 5th – 11th grade (Modern World/AP World classes)
Ø Wednesday, February 7th – 10th grade (NSL/AP NSL classes)
Ø Thursday, February 8th – 9th grade (US/AP US classes)