Parent Resource Center
Support and Educational Groups
- Support Groups
- MCPS Special Education Department - services for students with disabilities from birth through age 21
- Maryland Learning Links (MD State Dept of Education) - helpful information for families and educators working with children with disabilities, birth through age 21. An online community - parents and educators can join, participate, and share in an ongoing conversation, all designed to strengthen student learning.
- Maryland PROMISE - A partnership of State agencies and private sector disability organizations, is looking for 2,000 Maryland youth between the ages 14 -16 receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits interested in enrolling in a new program designed to improve their education and future career opportunities. Young people successfully enrolled in the program, as well as their families, will receive enhanced services and supports designed to help them meet their individual school and work goals, ultimately allowing them to become better off financially and achieve brighter futures.
- Mentoring Program - Seek Equality, Empowerment, and Community: SEEC - Parent to Parent (P2P) program is a free and confidential service designed to connect Montgomery County parents and caregivers of children with special needs (age birth to 21) with trained volunteer mentors who have experience raising children with disabilities.
- Maryland Community Connection - helping individuals with disabilities be active in the community
- Maryland Family Network: Child Care - LOCATE: Child Care can help you find service available to parents made possible through funding from the Maryland State Department of Education. LOCATE has a complete database of all regulated child care in Maryland. Your LOCATE special needs child care referral specialist will provide you with supportive information.
- Comcast Internet Essentials / Programa Internet Básico (Internet Essentials)
de Comcast - The Comcast Internet Essentials Program provides discounted Internet service to households with children who are eligible to receive free and reduced-price meals. / El programa Internet Básico de Comcast proporciona servicio de internet con descuento a las familias con niños que son elegibles para recibir comidas gratis y a precios reducidos.
Pediatric Dentist and Orthodontic Centers
Parent Resource Centers
Providing opportunities for parents and children to play and learn together with the guidance of a parent educator. The centers promote school readiness, encourage language, social skills, curiosity and cognitive development, provide resources, help with parenting problems and a chance to share ideas and concerns.
- Children’s Resource Center
Room D-4, 332 West Edmonston Drive, Rockville, MD 20850
Phone: (301) 279-8497
- Emory Grove Family Resource Center
8107 Morningview Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Phone: (301) 990-643
- Gwendolyn R. Coffield Community Center
2450 Lyttonsville Road, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Phone: (202) 359-9918
- Millian Memorial United Methodist Church
13016 Parkland Drive, Rockville, MD 20853
Phone: (301) 933-3646
- MCPS Parents Page includes school Calendars, Menus, Emergency Information, etc.
- MCPS Alternative Programs - information about special schools and alternative programs within MCPS
- Montgomery County Public School's Transition Services
- MCPS QuickNotes - MCPS QuickNotes
is a free e-mail service that provides subscribers with important news and information about MCPS programs and activities, plus emergency information. MCPS QuickNotes is offered in seven languages: English, Spanish, French, Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese, and Amharic.
- Child Care Subsidy Programs - (240) 777-1155 - providing child care subsidies to eligible Montgomery County families so that they can obtain and maintain employment and/or attend school or training programs.
- ChildLink - (240) 777-4769 - providing parents and caregivers with resources and information about services and linkages to programs that are available to assist them with children birth to age five.
- Families Foremost Center - For parents with young children birth through 48 months. Provides adult education, employment readiness training, parenting classes, health education and life skills training, peer support, self sufficiency promotion, parent/child activities, toddler care, and home visiting.