College & Career Center
Welcome to the College and Career Center!
Welcome! The College & Career Center is open 7:25 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Students can come in at lunch or any other time during the day with a pass as long as a scheduled activity is not taking place. Parents are welcome as well. Parents and students can also make an appointment with Ms. Rocha in the College & Career Center for help on getting started on a college, career or scholarship search.
Students planning to attend a post-secondary school, whether it is two-year, four-year, or Vo/Tech, should visit the College & Career Center.
Students and parents/guardians CLICK HERE to log into your Family Connection account.
Please also visit the MCPS College and Career Center page on the MCPS website for additional information not specific to the JFK College and Career Center.
College Admissions Counselors,
are you interested in visiting us?
College Courses/Dual Enrollment and Early College Access Programs
Dual Enrollment (or Concurrent Enrollment) and Early College Access Programs allow students to access college credit prior to high school graduation. Students may earn college credit through AP, IB and CLEP examinations. They also may earn articulated credit through Career and Technology Education programs, or college course credit. Many high schools have special names for their college course (dual enrollment) programs such as College Institute, Middle College, and others. To learn more about these options, visit the College Readiness Programs page, or contact your counselor.
Reasons to Visit the Career Center
- To get all your questions answered about College and Careers
- Get assistance filling out college applications
- Obtain help with financial aid documents
- Prepare / Register and get information for the SAT/ACT/TOEFL/ACCUPLACER
- Become familiar with available scholarships and programs you qualify for
- Research military options and schools
- Use the computer to search for Trade, Technical, Vocational, Cosmetology, Art schools and more
- Search for majors or areas that interest you
- Utilize the resources that are here for you
- Prepare a Resume
- Conduct a College search from a pool of 4000+ colleges
- See view books of many schools and get information at a glance
- Learn about field trips that will benefit your future
- Look through resource books and catalogs on particular schools
- Take a Personality Assessment
- Sign up for college visits and field trip
Make sure to create a Family Connection account to receive the latest College & Career Center information by email. Don’t have a Family Connections account? Contact Ms. Rocha at Daniella_A_Rocha@mcpsmd.org.
7 Habits of Highly Effective Students:
- Be proactive (optimistic)
- Begin with the end in mind (set goals)
- Put first things first (prioritize)
- Think Win-Win (set goals)
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood (communicate)
- Synergize (network)
- Sharpen the saw (balance school and social life)