|Hours: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
The media center is open once again for extended hours after school for students and their families on Mondays thru Thursdays until 4:30. Come study, do your homework, get extra help & tutoring. See Mr. Harper for details.
The Library Media Center staff at Gaithersburg High School are committed to providing a wide variety of resources and services to support the instructional program as they relate to our school´s goals and our students´ needs. The media center focus is on providing assistance and instruction. Print and non-print resources are used so that students will acquire the skills to research and evaluate information in order to become lifelong independent learners.
Meet the Staff
MCPS School Media Outcomes
The student will be able to:
- demonstrate an appreciation of literature and reading
- locate information to meet an identified need
- gather relevant information from appropriate resources
- organize and manage information found in print, non-print, and computer/online formats.
- interpret information to generate new understandings and knowledge
- communicate findings by producing materials in an appropriate format
- demonstrate responsible attitudes toward the use of information
Media Center Resources