Baldridge in Education
Establishing Strong Classroom Learning Systems
Teachers begin the year by building a classroom learning system. To build a classroom learning system, students and teachers:
- Determine and agree upon ground rules and core values to meet expectations
- Develop a mission statement based on discussions about who we are, why we are, what we have to do, what we have to do well together, and how we will make that happen
- Evaluate activities or lessons for continuous improvement
- Provide input regarding feelings or knowledge about such things as the first day of school, reading, writing, math, etc.
- Learn about grade-level or class expectations
|Walls display ground rules, mission statements, and core values.
||Primary students provided input about how they were feeling about the first day of school.
||Upper grade students provided input about how they were feeling about the first day of school.