Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the regular school hours?
9:00 A.M. to 3:25 P.M.
2. How early can my child arrive at school?
Students should not arrive before 8:40 A.M.
3. What are the hours when it is an early release day?
9:00 A.M. to 12:55 P.M.
4. What should I do if my child will be absent for the school day?
Please report your child's absence by logging onto our website and clicking on the "Student Absence Form" on the left hand column. Fill in and submit the form.
5. If I know my child will be absent in advance, what should I do?
Email the teacher and contact the front office to let them know when your child will be absent.
6. When my child returns to school after an absence, what should I do?
The child must return with a note explaining the absence. The dates and your signature are required. The note is to be given to the teacher. A note must explain every day of absence or the child will be marked with an unexcused absence.
7. What should I do if my child is late for school?
The child is late if he/she arrives after 9:00 A.M. The parent is to bring the child(ren) into the office and sign them in. The child will take a tardy slip and give it to their teacher. If the child needs to order lunch, they will need to go to the cafeteria first.
8. What do I do if my child wants to go home with a friend after school?
Two notes are needed:
A note from the parent must be sent to the homeroom teacher concerning any change in the child's routine, such as taking a different bus home, walking home with a friend, or staying after school for supervised activities.
Another note is needed from the parent who will host a guest student. This assures that communication between both sets of parents and school is clear.
9. How can I meet with my child's teacher?To minimize disruption, contact the school to leave a message for the teacher and he/she will call back to make an appointment or send an email directly to the teacher. The staff member's email address can be found on the left hand column under "Staff Directory."
10. When are student's allowed to use the phone?
Students are allowed to use the phone in the office. Students should not be using their own phone (cell phone) during school hours.
11. What time is breakfast served and how much does it cost?
Breakfast is 8:40 A.M. - 8:55 A.M. and costs $1.30.
Reduced breakfast is free.
12. How much does lunch cost?
(Breakfast and lunch include milk)
Lunch is $2.55
Reduced price lunch is $0.40
Milk (purchased separately) $0.60
13. Can I pay for lunch in advance?
Definitely! The cafeteria has a computerized cash register system.
Send a check made out to "Fallsmead E.S. Cafeteria" with the child's full name on the check. (The cost of the meal is deducted automatically from the computer) OR bring in cash and give it to the cafeteria to deposit. Statements are sent home at the end of each week.
14. What school supplies should I buy for my child?
Attached is the 2017-2018 school supply list for your child: 2017-2018 school supply list