I am honored to be the principal of Fairland Elementary School. As an educator, I have always strived to provide students with a fun and challenging educational experience. I believe this is done through strong relationships, reflective practice and identifying our strengths and gifts. I will continue to build upon the successes at Fairland while working to improve every day. I am proud to be a Falcon at Fairland Elementary School.
I am honored to be the new principal of Fairland Elementary School. I look forward to working with a dedicated staff and community and continuing to provide all students with a positive educational experience through a high level instructional program.
I was born and raised in Wilmington, Delaware. I received a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education with a Certification in Special Education and a History Minor from the University of Delaware. Go Blue Hens! I earned my Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership from Hood College. This will be my 16tth year in education, with all of those years being spent with the Montgomery County Public Schools. I have taught 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th and 8th grades, as well as serving as an assistant principal for the last six years. My husband and I live in Upper Marlboro, Maryland with our twin sons Logan and Brandon. As a mom, I enjoy spending time with my family and watching the boys grow up. My other interest includes theater, dance and singing.
I can be reached at 240-740-0640 or through email at Lakeisha_D_Lashley@mcpsmd.org
- Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership, Hood College
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education, Certification in Special Education and History Minor, University of Delaware
- Principal, Fairland Elementary, MCPS
- Assistant Principal, Oakland Terrace Elementary
- Principal Intern, Wayside Elementary, MCPS
- Assistant Principal, Rock View Elementary, MCPS
- Team Leader/Resource Teacher, Lakelands Park MS, MCPS
- Classroom Teacher, Parkland MS, MCPS
- Classroom Teacher, Thurgood Marshall Elementary, MCPS
- Classroom Teacher, Candlewood Elementary, MCPS