How to Enroll
Students in Grades 10, 11 and 12 who are in good standing at a Montgomery County Public Schools high school may apply.
When courses are over-enrolled, selection will be based on the applicant's attendance, grade point average, and other criteria appropriate to the program. Several programs also have specific criteria for enrollment—refer to the program descriptions.
Student Profile Procedures
- All potential scholars must complete all components of the student profile package and submit it directly to Thomas Edison HS of Technology.
- Potential scholars can also obtain an optional school advocacy form from any school staff who knows the student well. The staff members will then forward the advocacy forms directly to Thomas Edison HS of Technology.
- The essay portion should only be completed by the scholar.
Scholar Confirmation Form
Please complete the confirmation form for the course indicated on your enrollment letter.
Confirmations should be made by April 20, 2017.
Failure to confirm your enrollment may result in the loss of your space.
Please click here to complete the form.
The enrollment season for the 2017-2018 is now OPEN We will continue to accept profiles until the courses are filled
We are now accepting student profiles for the 2017-2018 school year!
Online Application for the 2017-2018 school year
You may also print, complete, and return a hard copy of the student profile. Click here for the printable student profile.
**Please complete only one student profile form.
- Please use the form below to advocate for a student who has requested to enroll in a Thomas Edison High School of Technology program. The form can be printed, completed, and sent to the address listed on the bottom of the form. You may also FAX or email it. Due Date: February 24, 2017
- Advocacy Form 2017-2018 advocacy form
Completed student profiles may either be printed and mailed to Edison OR submitted to the Thomas Edison counselor liaison at your school.
Please send them directly to:
Thomas Edison High School of Technology
Student Profile Team
12501 Dalewood Drive
Silver Spring, MD 20906
- All information submitted with the profile will be maintained in confidence.
- Scholar Profiles will be compiled and reviewed by staff at designated review times. Submissions after the priority deadline will be reviewed as they arrive.
- If the number of eligible scholars exceeds the number of seats available, the eligible scholars will go onto a wait list.
- Scholars will be notified of an application decision in the spring, via US Mail.