Mission Statement: Professional School Counselors are leaders who advocate, collaborate, and facilitate individual and system change to ensure every student has the knowledge and skills necessary for academic success and personal growth.
The Counselor's Role
Books for Parents:
- The Angry Child : Regaining Control When Your Child Is Out of Control -- by Timothy Murphy, Loriann Hoff Oberlin
- The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children -- by Ross W. Greene
- Raising Resilient Children : Fostering Strength, Hope, and Optimism in Your Child -- by Robert Brooks, Sam Goldstein
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk
by Adele Faber, Elaine Mazlish
- Parenting With Love and Logic : Teaching Children Responsibility -- by Foster W. Cline, Jim Fay
- Playground Politics: Understanding the Emotional Life of the School-Age Child -- by Stanley I., M.D. Greenspan
- The Challenging Child: Understanding, Raising, and Enjoying the Five "Difficult" Types of Children -- by Stanley I. Greenspan, Jacqueline Salmon
- The Child With Special Needs: Encouraging Intellectual and Emotional Growth -- by Stanley I., Md. Greenspan
- Raising Our Children To Be Resilient: A Guide To Helping Children Cope With Trauma in Today's World -- by Linda Goldman
- Siblings Without Rivalry: How to Help Your Children Live Together So You Can Live Too by Adele Faber,Elaine Mazlish.
Books to read with your children about: