Montgomery County Public Schools
Cresthaven Elementary School
13313 Old Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, MD 20904
Websites for Kids and Parents
Art, Music & PE
Reading Specialist Page
About Our School
Frequently Asked Questions
Student Rights and Responsibilities & Code of Conduct
Websites for Kids and Parents
MCPS Homework Hotline Live
Montomery County Public Library
Federal Government Sites
- Government Made Easy
- Official Spanish language portal of the U.S. Government (informacion oficial en espanol)
- Answers to frequently asked questions about the U.S. Government (Spanish is available)
Federal Resources for Educational Excellence (FREE)
- links to many sites where kids will find great info and free stuff! Visit the CIA Kids Page, FDA Kids Page, H.I.P. Pocket Change and many more Government Agencies' Kids Pages!
Other Sites for Parents
Parents Guide to the Internet
700 Great Sites for Kids & Parents
- recommended links compiled by the American Library Association
Holidays on the Net
- history of many holidays as well as holiday-related activities such as cards & crafts
Houghton Mifflin's Education Place
- resources for teachers, students & parents, educational games, reading/language arts, science, soc. studies & math, author biographies and more
FunBrain for Parents
- parent/kid challenges, parent quizzes, Parents Place
A Book and A Hug
- Book reviews by Barb Langridge, WBAL-TV book reviewer, host of TV show
, and Howard County (MD) Librarian. Find books for all reading levels and all interests.
Carol Hurst's Children's Literature Site
Especially for Kids
- "...a safe Internet gateway for kids...created and maintained by educators." A HUGE list of categories taking you to web sites about everything from figure skating to Amelia Earhart to math sites and games to the Stock Market to all of the US states to friendship and on and on and on...
Great Web Sites for Kids
- links to the best of the best - check out their Web Site of the Month
- features a kids' dictionary in Eng.-French, Eng.-German, Eng.-Portuguese & Eng.-Spanish, crafts, dinosaurs, animal printouts and much more!
- teacher-created or approved educational math, language arts and typing games by grade level
Authors and Books
Diary of a Wimpy Kid
- the official web site
- trivia game, pronunciation guide, owl posts and more
J.K. Rowling Official Harry Potter Site
- If you're intrigued by Roald Dahl's books like
Charlie and the Chocolate F
The Polar Express
, then check out his web site. It's a quirky site with games, news, biography and lots more!
- Love the art and books of Eric Carle? Visit this Official site featuring his Art Museum
- see more than 4,000 pages of free activities, projects and Jan Brett's beautiful books
Tomie de Paola
- Want to be an artist? This website can tell you how. And learn all about Tomie de Paola and his books and art
- If you like Judy Blume's books like
, check out her web site
Children's Literature Web Guide
- Children's bestsellers, children's book awards, resources for parents, authors on the web
Time for Kids
Scholastic News Online
- keep up with current events even when you're not in school!
National Geographic Kids
- highlights from National Geographic Kids magazine
- Spanish online magazine -- tu periodico digital
- info on MD history and MD state parks, historic sites in MD, Bay Game, Mountain Game, fish and animal facts, coloring and activity book -- all courtesy of the Dept. of Natural Resources
- live video animal cams, online demos, tour the zoo and more!
StarChild: A Learning center for Young Astronomers
- excellent primary explanations for things in and about space. Two levels in each subject area, activities, movies, sound and more.
Ology: American Museum of Natural History
- unique museum experience for ages 8-12: stories, games & interactive activites
The Yuckiest Site on the Internet
- yucky science site -- mad science, games, interviews
- a portal from which all government web sites for kids can be accessed as well as some great kids' sites from nongovernment organizations
White House for Kids
- meet the First Pets, President, First Lady, Vice President and his wife; take a tour of the White House and more!
Kids in the House
- (gr. 4-8) explains Congressional history & operations in an entertaining manner with puzzles, coloring pages, word search and build-a-bill writing activity. Read about members of the House of Representatives, discover how laws are created. There's a glossary too!
Just for Fun!
Scholastic: The Stacks
- the latest scoop on your fave celebrities, books, movies & other fun activities for the whole family (and some tips for parents too)
Funbrain for Kids
- LOTS of educational and fun games in math, grammar, science & more!
Maryland Kids' Page
- find out what's happening in MD that kids would enjoy, find out fun facts about MD, take a quiz, link to other states' kids' sites and much more
- fun games to stretch a child's thinking skills and imagination
Figure This! Math Challenges for Families - in English & Spanish
- "Helping families enjoy mathematics outside school through a series of fun & engaging, high-quality challenges." This site presents you with a challenge, helps you get started, relates the math skill to everyday life & gives you more to think about when you've figured it out (or looked at the answer).
This page is maintained by the Cresthaven ES Web Team
©1995–2016 MCPS, 850 Hungerford Drive,
Rockville, Maryland 20850