Meet Your School Counselor, Ms. Gordon!
Greetings Carderock Springs Elementary Families!
I'm thrilled to be your School Counselor and look forward to working together with our wonderful school community again this year!
Please feel free to contact me by phone or email with any questions or concerns -- I look forward to supporting you and your children!
Direct Phone Number - (240)740-0545
Email - Stephanie_Gordon@mcpsmd.org
What is the Role of the Counselor?
I am here for all students! My primary goal is to ensure that all students in our building feel safe and comfortable at school. I work to meet this goal through:
- Classroom lessons
- Responsive counseling
- Individual student planning
- Staff and parent consultation
- Academic advocacy
- Bi-weekly Cub Counseling lessons in all K-5 classrooms
- Small Group Counseling -- provided as needed to address/enhance
- social skills
- organization/study skills
- mindfulness tools for self-regulation.
- Individual Counseling
- Provided on a short term basis to help students:
- use effective problem solving skills
- express feelings or concerns
- Many other activities and programs including:
- Carderock Buddies
- Peer Tutors
- lunch bunches
- the "Carderock Cub" behavior program
A Little About Me
This will be my third year at Carderock and my 10th year as a school counselor! Before becoming a counselor, I taught preschool and first grade for five years. I am mom to baby Rosie, and love spending time with her and my family and friends. When I have free time, I enjoy music, yoga, and cooking. I'm incredibly proud to be part of such a wonderful community and look forward to a positive school year for all!