Hoops for Heart
Burnt Mills 1st Annual Hoops for Heart event will take place for students in grades 3-5 on Friday, February 16th during the students specials time (3rd grade: 11:45-12:30, 4th grade: 10:50-11:35, 5th grade: 12:35-1:20).
Hoops for Heart is a national education and fundraising event sponsored by the American Heart Association and the Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE). Hoops for Heart Helps students grow and learn the following:
- Kids learn the value of community service and become empowered to contribute to their community's welfare.
- Children join together in helping other kids with special hearts.
- Students learn how to develop heart-healthy habits while being physically active
- Participants learn jump rope and basketball skills they can use for the rest of their lives.
- Students help your school earn gift certificates for free P.E. equipment!
Click here to register online: Hoops for Heart Registration