Academy of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (S.T.E.M.)
- To provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful problem-solvers in careers and post-secondary learning involving science, technology, engineering, and mathematics
- To prepare students to successfully study, analyze, and apply scientific principles, theories, and/or methods within their future careers and post-secondary learning involving science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
- To provide opportunities for students to work collaboratively in cross curricular activities including science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
- Business Management and Finance
- Information Technology
[See Business Academy for description of Technology pathway]
Science Pathways prepare students for further study toward careers in the healthcare industry, biosciences and biomedical technology.
Engineering and Technology Pathways prepare students for a career in engineering, manufacturing, transportation, construction management, or the aerospace industry.
Mathematics Pathways incorporate components from science, technology and engineering leading to further study in numerous careers.
Students who complete required pathway course credits and a related capstone experience receive an Academy certificate and recognition at graduation.
Sample Career Options
- Air-Traffic Controller
- Broadband Technician
- Building Products Manufacturer
- CAD Operator
- Construction Manager
- Environmental Designer
- Equipment Manager/Manufacturer
- Forensic Specialist
- Forestry Technician
- Hazardous Material Technician
- Industrial (CAD) Designer
- Industrial Hygienist
- Laboratory Technician
- Landscape Architect/Contractor
- Land Surveyor
- Marine Biologist
- Nuclear Technician
- Park Ranger
- Physical Therapist
- Physician’s Assistant
- Project Manager
- Sound Technician
- Sports Trainer
- Technical Editor
- Technology Officer
- Urban Planner
- Job shadows
- Senior research prjcts
- Community service prjcts
- College credit courses
- College/career portfolios
- Scholarship/industry certifications
- Local, state, national competition