The James Hubert Blake High School signature program, run by Mrs. Elizabeth Cooper, is Fine Arts and Humanities. Blake is a comprehensive high school with a rigorous academic program, including the full range of honors and Advance placement courses.
Blake High School offers signature-related courses and activities that are appropriate for students at all levels of ability. The signature program is a whole-school program in which all students have opportunities to engage in courses, programs, and activities related to the arts and humanities themes. Students may explore the signature components through a variety of elective courses that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Visual Arts - Painting, Drawing, Ceramics, Sculpture, Fashion, Digital Arts, Animation and Photography
- Dance - Performance and Choreography in Ballet, Tap, Modern, Jazz
- Music - Instrumental, Vocal, and General (Guitar, Piano, and Music Theory)
- Theater - Acting, Directing, Stage Design, and Technical Theater
- Media Arts -Television Production, Journalism, Animation, Multi-Media Technologies, Web Tools & Digital Media, Website Development, and Computer Programming
- Business and Interactive Media -Game Development, Information Technology, Computer Science, Digital Art, Advanced Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Financial Management, International Business
- Literacy and Literature - Creative Writing, Film Studies, Multicultural Literature, AP Language and Composition, AP Literature and Composition
- Cultural History - African-American History, Ancient and Medieval History, and AP United States History
- Human Values and Beliefs - Comparative Religions, Cultural Anthropology, Philosophy and Ethics, Law, AP Psychology, and AP Government
- World Languages - French and Spanish
Students may explore several of the signature components through a variety of courses or concentrate their elective course selection in one area.
S.T.E.M (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics)
- Environmental Science -Biotechnology, Honors Geoscience, Honor Chemistry,AP Environmental Science
- Medical Science - Anatomy & Physiology, AP Biology, Honor Physics, Biotechnology
- Geophysics - Astronomy, AP Physics I, AP Environmental Science, Honors Geoscience, Honor Chemistry
- Computer Science - Computer Programming 1, AP Computer Programming 2, Computer Programming 3,
- Construction Technology - Engineering & Design, Advance Technological Applications, Advanced Design Applications, Edison Courses
- Engineering Science - Foundations of Technology
- Mathematics -Honors Pre-calculus, Statistics and Math Modeling, AP Statistics, AP Calculus, Multivariable Calculus / Different Equations
NEC Open House
All Students who live in the Northeast Consortium neighborhood should come to Blake's NEC Open House where we showcase Blake's departments and highlight what makes Blake standout in the NEC. Open House will take place on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 (Click the link to read more).
Last Updated: 10/9/17