Welcome to the Bel Pre/Strathmore PTA!
Upcoming Events and Meetings
The PTA meets the 1st Tuesday of each month at 7 pm.
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year! We hope you’ll consider joining the Bel Pre/Strathmore PTA. Joining the PTA is a great way to be involved in your child’s education, and you can do as much, or as little as you want. The PTA is also a great way to meet and get to know those in the Bel-Pre/Strathmore area that will soon be the parents of your child’s new friends and classmates.
Join today! The cost is only $10/person for the year. Fill out the BPS PTA Membership Form ( English, Spanish) and return it to school with your child, along with payment. If you have any questions, contact any member of the PTA Board! We would be glad to have you join!
2017-2018 Bel Pre/Strathmore PTA Officers
- Welcome letter from PTA president (English, Spanish)
Executive Board Members
- President, Jason Cochran (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vice President, LaMonte Scipio (email@example.com)
- Treasurer, Tia Masters-Bryant ( mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Corresponding Secretary, Christine Mueller (mailto:email@example.com)
- Volunteer Coordinator, Sarah Breeden (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- MCCPTA Delegate (Elect), Nadine Batie ( email@example.com )
- Recording Secretary, Amy Alipio (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PTA Staff Liasion, Sara Foraker (Sara_C_Foraker@mcpsmd.org)
- Boxtop Coordinators, Minyoung Lee (Minyoung_lee@mcpsmd.org), Denise Reyes (email@example.com)
Volunteers are Needed!
Please contact the PTA and let us know if you would like to help in anyway. There are many opportunities for you to bring the Parent into the PTA and help support Strathmore. Thank you!
Fundraising - Support Our School!
A Note from the PTA Fundraising Chair
Fundraising does not always mean door-to-door pizza and wrapping paper sales. There are many other ways you can help raise money for our schools, and a lot of them cost you nothing at all! There is so much “free” money out there available to our schools, and one of the PTA’s goals this year is to maximize our earning potential. We need your help. Here are a few examples of how you can help raise money for our PTA and schools. Please spread the word to family and friends!
$ Make a Direct Contribution to the PTA. This is the easiest way to financially support the PTA. All donation amounts are greatly appreciated. You can send a check to school with your child (please make checks payable to BPSPTA), or make a check/cash donation at the PTA table during one of our events.
$ Register your grocery store rewards cards. Earn FREE cash for our schools simply by registering your Giant, Safeway and/or Harris Teeter rewards cards with each store’s school rewards program. When you use your store card, a percentage of your purchase amount is donated to the school(s) of your choice. You can register your cards online with the following information (please note that you must re-register your card every year):
- Giant A+ Rewards Program: Register your Giant Bonus Card at www.giantfood.com/aplus. Bel Pre ID#00891, Strathmore ID#04541.
- Safeway School Rewards Program (powered through eScrip): Register your card at www.escrip.com Bel Pre/Strathmore Elementary School ID#6676411.
$ Register your Target Red Card. By registering your Red Card with Target’s Take Charge of Education program, Target will donate up to 1% of your Red Card purchases to your school of choice. Bel Pre ID#58094, Strathmore ID#58197.
$ Collect Box Tops and Labels for Education and send them in to school with your child. If you would like to bring them yourself, there are boxes available in the front office of both schools. The PTA will also be able to collect them at all school functions.
$ Shop online. Through online eMarketplaces such as www.onecause.com, www.escrip.com, and www.boxtops4education.com, you can shop at some of your favorite stores while earning money for our schools. Participating merchants vary from website to website, but can include names like Macy’s, LandsEnd, Amazon, Expedia, Walmart, Best Buy, GAP, Bloomingdales, Kmart, Kohl’s, and so many more!
BPS PTA Membership Form (English, Spanish)
PTA Reimbursement Request Reimbursement Request Form
Classroom Enrichment Request Classroom Enrichment Request Form
PTA volunteer Form (English, Spanish)
Facebook: Bel Pre Strathmore Elementary Schools PTA