Bannockburn Media Center
Vision |Media Staff| Media Hours | Media Policies | Learning Links & Online Resources
Bannockburn Elementary School students are inquisitive explorers who inspire and shape our world.
- We are open Monday from 9:10 AM - 1:10 PM, Tuesday - Friday 9:10 AM - 3:45 PM.
- During our open hours, students may exchange books anytime during the instructional day with teacher permission.
- We are always in need of volunteers...Please contact Rachel Landau,volunteer coordinator, if you would like to help in the media center. You may also click here to sign up using the Sign-Up Genius. Thank you for any time you give us.
|2 - 3
||2 books or 1 book and a magazine
|4 - 5
||3 books or 2 books and a magazine
- All materials must be checked out at the circulation desk.
- Students who have overdue material may not check out other material until the overdue material is returned.
- All materials can be renewed unless the material is on hold for another patron.
Overdue and Lost Materials Policy
Students are expected to return books by the due date stamped on the back of the library book. There are no overdue fines; however students may not check out new books until all overdue items have been returned. Students will be responsible for replacing or paying for lost books or books damaged beyond repair.
Need to find a book? Click here to log into Destiny. Students and staff have 24/7 access to not only Bannockburn's library materials, but also, once they are logged in, they can create resource lists, receive recommendations, create book reviews, and view their accounts (see what they have checked out and the due dates).
Give a Gift
Looking for a special gift for a birthday, holiday or special occasion? Don't need more stuff? Ready to help a worthy cause?
Then... Purchase a book to donate to the Bannockburn Media Center in your child’s honor or share the link and have friends and family make a book gift in their honor. Simply search for Bannockburn Media Center Wish List in Amazon and follow the directions!
Black Eyed Susan
The 2017-2018 nominees are: (click on the following)
Picture Books Chapter Books (4-6) Graphic Novels (4-6)
Montgomery County Public Libraries suggested reading lists.
MCPS has a number of online resources for students and their families to use. From online encyclopedias to child friendly databases, these resources are a welcome help to many an inquiry project. Please see Mrs. Springer in the media center for logins and passwords for home access.